Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Opinions on how the Government have handled the coronavirus outbreak

Unread post by Classicrock »

Lindsayt wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:58 pm
Classicrock wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:10 pm

What I do agree if true that 18.1 million should not be entering Britain at any time and everyone should be checked. ..
Of the 18 million that entered Britain, surely a large proportion of them would have been Brits returning from abroad?

It'd be quite funny if they were prevented from returning. Kind of like the worst excesses of paranoia from Stalinist Soviet times, or like something from Orwell's 1984.

And a chunk of people coming in would have been tourists / people coming on holiday in this country.
With the pound being so weak, the UK is a cheap holiday destination. And there are loads of interesting things to see and do in this country for anyone on holiday. In normal non-Lockdown circumstances.

And then another proportion of people entering this country would have been lorry drivers...
It sounds a bit dubious to me that 25% of Britain went abroad on holiday or business in that time period. i suspect double counting such as transport drivers crossing back and forth across the channel if these figures are even anyway accurate. I know a lot of students and tourists come here but not that many. You would certainly have difficulty checking that number even by just temperature.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I wouldn't know where to start taking these clowns to court but i hope someone does.

Stay alert ?? FFS. Second peak here we come.
DIY FREE ZONE

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

CN211276 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:39 pm I do not accept that the medical advice provided in this country was in any way inferior to that in the other European countries who have not made a complete balls up of the situation. Part of the problem here is Johnson not being around when the alarm bells were lringing. The briefings he received were edited by Demonic Dom and tailored to his agenda, which included the death of pensioner

s. He also did not attend Cobra meetings which would have provided him with the true picture. His only concerns were the completion of Brexshite, his divorce, engagement and forthcoming sprog.

Is it any surprise that thetwo fxxkwits who got Brexshite done are responsible for the loss of thousands of lives and greater than necessary damage to the economy.
It was initially different than any other country apparently except the USA possibly. So have you proof that all advice is modified by Cummings? Papers are always full of conspiracy theories. It does appear that it is impossible to implement government decisions effectively due to lack of organisation and competence down the line. Johnson was not around for quite a time because he was in intensive care. Matt Hancock was in those earlier Cobra meetings if Johnson (allegedly) was not there and they produce written reports. in any case I'm confident the Health Select Committee will be getting to the bottom of what happened once the crisis has subsided ( led by the former health secretary and likely Johnson's main rival or even possible successor). I'm more concerned they get things right from this point at the present time.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Classicrock wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:29 am
CN211276 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:39 pm I do not accept that the medical advice provided in this country was in any way inferior to that in the other European countries who have not made a complete balls up of the situation. Part of the problem here is Johnson not being around when the alarm bells were lringing. The briefings he received were edited by Demonic Dom and tailored to his agenda, which included the death of pensioner

s. He also did not attend Cobra meetings which would have provided him with the true picture. His only concerns were the completion of Brexshite, his divorce, engagement and forthcoming sprog.

Is it any surprise that thetwo fxxkwits who got Brexshite done are responsible for the loss of thousands of lives and greater than necessary damage to the economy.
It was initially different than any other country apparently except the USA possibly. So have you proof that all advice is modified by Cummings? Papers are always full of conspiracy theories. It does appear that it is impossible to implement government decisions effectively due to lack of organisation and competence down the line.
Classic, you base your view that the Civil Service is to blame...on a 1980s TV sitcom. No-one is going to fall for your phoney piety about evidential standards.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I have nearly 35 years experience of working in the Civil Service in a number of departments. There is some truth in what Classic says about the Civil Service, BUT NOT WHERE HEALTH IS CONCERNED. The senior officials in the Welsh Govetment health department who provide advice to Ministers did not rise through the Civil Service ranks. They are highly qualified clinicians brought in from outside. I cannot believe the situation is different in England. The advice Johnson received from them in February, when Johnson was on holiday and well, would have been heavily doctored by Demonic Dom. The result, loss of life on a far greater scale than it would have been, lockdown delayed for weeks and a need for it to be extended until God knows when.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

I expect that Cummings has a large input on most of this, just as Campbell and Mandelson had a large input to the Blair / Brown Labour government. My main concern is whether they are trying to do good, overall, and whether they are any good at doing so.

My concern about Cummings is that he has no moral compass. That concern is increased because he is bloody clever. If he were useless at being a moral vacuum, I wouldn't be bothered about him.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Docfoster (Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 am)
I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Nicola Sturgeon was not aware of the change from stay at home to stay alert until she saw the morning papers. :angry-screaming: It is clear that the UK Government is pursuing a different highly risky path to the devolved administrations who receive qualified medical advice. I am sure that many local authorities in England will have more faith in what the devolved administrations are doing than the advice of two fxxk wits which begs the question who will the police be following?
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Tis true. I would much rather be living in Scotland than England at this present time. To some degree, if circumstances allow you can follow your own more stringent policy and fuck what the English gov say.
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

karatestu wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:52 am Tis true. I would much rather be living in Scotland than England at this present time. To some degree, if circumstances allow you can follow your own more stringent policy and fuck what the English gov say.
I would like to see the Severn Bridge closed.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

karatestu wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:52 am Tis true. I would much rather be living in Scotland than England at this present time. To some degree, if circumstances allow you can follow your own more stringent policy and fuck what the English gov say.
The devolved governments have no need to lift the lockdown while the furlough scheme is in place. Why would they put their fingerprints on increasing infections and deaths to help out an English chancellor? While public opinion supports extending the lockdown (polling at 80%), pretty much in the same format as now, the devolved governments have been given a free pass.

It is a basic error on the part of No.10 to assume they would do anything other than extend the lockdown until at least the end of May. By confusing his message, now, Johnson, alone, will own the consequences.
I am in the hi-fi trade