Fecking adverts

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
karatestu
Great Britain

Fecking adverts

Unread post by karatestu »

Sick of the bastard things. Everywhere you go effing adverts. What has the world come to when you can't even watch youtube in your own home without some cant trying to brainwash you in to buying what they are offering.

Through the coronavirus I have been watching Good morning Britain because I find Piers Morgan to be the only one with enough gonnads to question things. But when the adverts come on I have to turn over to bbc news even though they are mainly government propaganda.

Over to you.
DIY FREE ZONE

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Fecking adverts

Unread post by slinger »

I saw one tonight that made me order beer... and cider. How could I not buy beer with a picture of Jürgen Klopp on the can after they shoved it in front of my face?

And then, of course, I had to make the order up to £30+ so I got free delivery...

Adverts are evil.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Those cans look good for air rifle target practise.
:violence-snipersmiley:
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post (total 2):
slinger (Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:09 pm) • NSNO2021 (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

karatestu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 pm Sick of the bastard things. Everywhere you go effing adverts. What has the world come to when you can't even watch youtube in your own home without some cant trying to brainwash you in to buying what they are offering.

Through the coronavirus I have been watching Good morning Britain because I find Piers Morgan to be the only one with enough gonnads to question things. But when the adverts come on I have to turn over to bbc news even though they are mainly government propaganda.

Over to you.
Lol.

How much are YouTube and ITV charging you to watch?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

They are charging in a non monetary way :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

It’s the sheer absurdity of the whole marketing bollocks that gets me.

I mean, watching a bunch of people dancing and singing in Acacia Close, about signing your house over to a bunch of spray-tanned, pin stripe suited scumbags so that you can have a nice holiday or a conservatory. And all to the tune of an early 60s Bernard Cribbins ditty, about a hapless removal man, who courts disaster by being too hasty and not thinking things through before acting. The irony is breathtaking. Did the tossers do any research before choosing that song?

I don’t want to compare meerkats, I go to the supermarket for provisions, not money, I couldn’t give a fecking shit about cheap car insurance and I don’t want some perv in a fox suit or a fat bird in a leopard print jacket, encouraging me to gamble away my meagre pension, whilst I stuff myself with giant pizzas on the sofa with the entire neighbourhood in my front room as I do it! The whole marketing industry is absurdity turned up to eleven.

I see our dog and cats asleep on the sofa, without a care in the world and wonder who is the idiot. It’s certainly not them.
These users thanked the author SteveTheShadow for the post (total 2):
karatestu (Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:51 pm) • antonio66 (Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm)
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

Yes I think in paticular the gambling adverts are totally dispicable. Far worse than smoking or boozing ads. Im just waiting for a politician with a backbone to shout up on behalf of all gamblers.
These users thanked the author ArloFlynn for the post (total 2):
slinger (Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:02 pm) • Geoff.R.G (Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:17 pm)
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

I am very much opposed to gambling, not because I think people should be prevented from doing it but because it is addictive and so many can't stop. That being the case the best answer is to discourage them from starting and banning advertisements for gambling would be a great start.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post (total 2):
NSNO2021 (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am) • slinger (Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:39 pm)

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:19 pm I am very much opposed to gambling, not because I think people should be prevented from doing it but because it is addictive and so many can't stop. That being the case the best answer is to discourage them from starting and banning advertisements for gambling would be a great start.
Totally agree.

Cigarette advertising is not permitted for obvious reasons and yet advertising for gambling and booze is when they are both equally addictive & destructive. I'm not on some moral crusade and I am not for one second saying ban them any of the above. Each to their own, I simply don't think advertising them is a good thing.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
slinger (Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:39 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

tweet_my_ribbon

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

When adverts are shown on TV I change the channel or hit the mute button or flick over to a radio channel for a few minutes, until the sales bollox is over.

Online browsing is clear of ads due to the use of Palemoon browser with an ad on called uBlock origin. Cuts out the ads, popups etc.

Tobacco and Alcohol are still the most heavily promoted poisons on television worldwide. Most shows will have a scene(s) where someone is smoking and/or drinking. Yes, direct alcohol and cigarette company product placement adverts ended but the unhealthy promotion of tobacco & alcohol is all over television.

That trillion dollar business will never disappear. The cider in my fridge on the other hand... :guiness;
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.