Feck this, I've had enough.

All general audio posts go here.
SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: Feck this, I've had enough.

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

karatestu wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:38 am…Lots of music I used to love became unlistenable- not always because of my error but the fact that a lot of music was recorded and mastered by a deaf person. I would have ended up only listening to well recorded classical, jazz or the plinky plonk stuff that is forced on people at shows. I don't want to limit myself like that…
Yes, that’s the danger of hi-fi.

I like to think now, at the end of this DIY adventure, that I’ve solved that particular problem. It has taken me years to get to the happy position where it doesn’t matter one jot what I play, how ‘bad’ the recording/mastering, or what source I use, the music somehow gets out, unencumbered by hi-fi nastiness of any sort.
Whether the system is high resolution is arguable, but I couldn’t give a fook, it allows enjoyment of music. It must be doing something right, as yesterday I listened to six classic original vinyl records, one after the other and paid full attention to the music, the performance, the playing, the singing. There were no distractions, nasty noises, sibilance, or cringy moments when a vocalist hit a certain note.
The system is so good at what it does that I don’t feel the need to go any further. The irony is that I have found what I want from building a valve amplifier that owes nothing to any of the current trends. It has brought the whole setup together in a way I was beginning to despair of ever achieving. In fact I was about to concede that such a thing was not possible. God knows I’ve been told enough that it was. Actually, it isn’t!
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

Sorry Stu that you reached the final border with Hifi... Just hope you will quickly re-learn to just enjoy music no matter what gear is used to reproduce the music ( and really hope it will be all your current gear)

and if you dead serious about BT and portable then maybe this : Aiwa Exos 9
Amazon has it and you can always return it if you don't like it.
I have heard it - not Hifi but brilliant for background music - and for annoying neighbours at campsite ( as it can go very loud ;]] )
If I would think of getting BT speaker that would be it
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

That might be just what you're looking for, Stu. A "BBB" (Big Bastard Bluetooth) speaker, plus a decent, dedicated tablet to run your streaming services. Have a word with MartinT about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 12.4" Tablet It ain't cheap, but it's what he's using for controlling his streaming services, and it looks to be the mutt's nuts.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

Just been chilling on the sofa with our newborn son, listening to Agnes Obel on a Sonos Beam (sound bar) and at no time was I thinking about audio quality, just enjoying the moment.

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

On special offer: bit of a bargain for anyone looking for a cheap bluetooth speaker, and I like this guy's videos, he's done more than one on this speaker since it's one of his fav's

and against your your JBL 5

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

"Feck this, I've had enough" is phrase well known to anyone who decided Everton was their team in past 25 years or so 😞 Try as I may to say goodbye I can't, the club and it's dreadful performances always find a way to chip away at my well being. The optimist in me always gives the benefit of doubt to latest soon to be dismissed managerial appointment only to realise yet again my trust has been misplaced. In the middle of all this bollox theres some Iranian chap who thought his money would make us great but all it's done is diminish his personal fortune at an alarming rate.
And the point of this post, well if my system is occasionally frustrating me I only have to think of Mr Moshiri, the 5 years he has invested and the > £500 million (and rising) he has lost making Everton worse and I suddenly feel ok about my music. Perspective is everything 🙂
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables