a sad story...

All general audio posts go here.
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

a sad story...

Unread post by schwantz34 »

hi guys, I'm writing just to let you know the sad story of a transaction, in september ive bought from a uk seller a pair of speakers, ive paid and i asked to the seller to make a bullet proof box for them as i had bad experience in the past, so the seller kindly told me :"no problem i will ask the Courier to do a bullet proof packaging "AND HE ALSO TOLD ME TO have made an insurance covering 250 pounds , result i received the speakers DESTROYED, the packaging was a joke, a thin cardbox and a very thin piece of

padding material , corners destroyed several "injuries" all over the speakers body, a mess. i immediately told to the seller the situation, he was very empathetic, and ask me for pics, ive send him a lot with all the damages clearly shown, he told me he would have got back the insurance money, ok , is 3 months im waiting, in the past he told me "i will give the money and then the insurance will give them back to me" but i refused because i told that i dont need at the moment the money but before the 3rd of dec, he say to me thanx for that, ok, now im tryng to contact him since 1 week , sending emails and messages, but no answer at all, because now i do need that money, and in the meantime almost 4 months are passed,

well what would you do if you were in my shoes?

ps:furthermore, i wrote him on several forums where he's member,and he logged also in the same days i wrote him, but i havent received any answer from him despite his regular presence on forums

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: a sad story...

Unread post by terrybooth »

I've had to claim on Courier insurance before (A80s smashed in transit) and it took about three weeks to sort ( including getting the Doc to recase them). The vendor may have gone away over Christmas.
Was it ebay? You can raise a case with them.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

There is no excuse why he shouldn't have sorted this out by now, or at least let you know why he hasn't. The fact that he's now not responding would indicate to me that he has no intention of paying up. If it were me I'd make it known to him that I will now pursue the claim via the small claims court, which can all be done on-line quite simply, and then, if no response, do exactly that. I've used the service a couple of times but I don't know if it is open to you as you're not resident in the UK.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He is from Italy, so he cannot use UK small claims court. I would just Name and shame him on all the forums he is a member of. Start here first who is he?

spacejay

Unread post by spacejay »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:He is from Italy, so he cannot use UK small claims court. I would just Name and shame him on all the forums he is a member of. Start here first who is he?
that won't work - i tried doing that and either just got abuse or mostly the thread was deleted. softly, softly catchee monkey (if that doesn't confuse our foreign friends).

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Some forums like PFM delete, some like AoS seem to encourage naming and shaming. Though you have to prove your case. I would still do it on all forums, if they are removed then they are removed.

schwantz34

Thank you guys for your advices, i will wait for his answer for few days more, also because apparently he was kind until this event, this lost refund gave me some troubles as i need them until the xmas period, anyway it's over... so i will wait for his answer and explanation , i wrote him on every platform (e-mail included) . But i am very disappointed on how things have gone. Probably there's an explanation to thi s behaviour, just waiting to hear it.
ciao
s

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

You seem to be a very a very kind natured and patient person schwantz, I salute you.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Schwantz you dont say how you paid , did you use ebay or paypal ?

Also Zebbo and Doc are both right ! :think: . As an italian you can use the english courts to sue an english person thanks to the luguano convention , however it would mean you would have to travel to the uk for the court hearing and when you win , if the person doesnt pay then you will need to use enforcement rules and these will be difficult from italy , so realistically it is not possible .

Where does the seller live ? , if he lives in the northwest of England reasonable travelling distance from Preston then I may be able to help if he does not refund you .

schwantz34

Hi guys, first of all , happy new year to you all! :-) Hoping this year will be better than the previous one (but, for what regards at least italy , i'm not very optimistic :-( ).
Thank you once more for your advices and kind words , the guy contacted me saying that in this moment he's in a place where he finds difficult to use the internet, and i want trust him, when he will back he told me he will find a solution, crossed fingers!
ciao!
s