Your DAC with NVA cables and amps

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your DAC with NVA cables and amps

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I had two of their moderators or forum leaders or whatever they call them email me and ask me to supply a headphone amp free of charge that they could keep and they would write it up and review it well on the forum :x

schwantz34
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by schwantz34 »

jammy395 wrote:Well i cant help you much schwantz34, As i am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to this digital malarkey.
DACs - :doh:
I did dabble a few years ago (in the dark days when dacs were pretty much unheard of) I had a bloody expensive PERPETUAL TECHNOLOGY
PS3 + UPSAMPLER + MOD WRIGHT PSU....now cause i was young and daft at the time - and spent a bit of dosh on the kit - i tried hard to love it but the truth was........My MICROMEGA cd player pissed all over it.......Wont be trying out board DACs again any time soon.

:naughty: :hand:
Hi Jammy, thanks for sharing your experience :) well probably im the only one with a sb connected to an external dac ... :)
ciao!
s

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I had two of their moderators or forum leaders or whatever they call them email me and ask me to supply a headphone amp free of charge that they could keep and they would write it up and review it well on the forum :x
I presume you used a few choice Anglo Saxon words in your riposte. :mrgreen:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No I just binned the posts. At the same time Beresford was having a saga with them and they were trying to damage his company because he was getting so many recs from members there and was also refusing to give them money or free product. I didn't fancy having a similar campaign aimed at me - I reserve that pleasure to Il Duce and his cohorts :mrgreen:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

schwantz34 wrote:hi, i got a nva power amp connected to a nva preamp and ive a squeezebox connected to audiolab m-dac, it works well indeed , anyone has a sb like me connected to a dac? what's your opinion and your experience?
thanks
ciao
s
Are we talking SB classic or SB Touch here Sergio.
I don't use a dac with my SB classic ,but i do with the Touch,it didn;t make much difference with the SB classic,but it is a whole new ball game on the touch.
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Keithh
Wales

Unread post by Keithh »

wallace wrote:I don't use a dac with my SB classic ,but i do with the Touch,it didn;t make much difference with the SB classic,but it is a whole new ball game on the touch.
I also use a SB Touch and was thinking of adding a DAC, can you descibe the difference I could expect?
Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable. - Samuel Johnson
In == Vortexbox + Raspberry Pi + BOSS DAC/ Goldring 1042 + SL-1210MK2 + Phono 1
Shaking it all about == P50SA + SP + A80s
Out == LS6 biwire + B&W 602 S3
Bubbling under == BMU

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

If you install triodes EDO on the Touch ,you have to use an external dac as the phono plugs are disabled.A long time since i did it,can't really describe the difference,but it is an all round improvement to my setup.Sorry i can't be more helpful.
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

spacejay

Unread post by spacejay »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
wallace wrote:
r100 wrote:Wisdom in mind , enthusiasm at heart.

Anyone know Audio-GD DACs ? There are not too expensive, "hand-built", are sold directly from the manufacturer and have some good write-ups.

http://www.audio-gd.com

Greetings to all ! And have a nice Easter Party !!
Hang on in there,,Audio-GD were FOTM on head-fi a while back,i have not heard one,but nearly got one,but then they started turning up in the for sale ad's a bit to often.
Always puts me off a bit..Open another bottle of wine and sit back... :music-rockon: :music-listening: :music-rockout:
Classic FOTM-ism, and head-fi are a seriously corrupt and commercial forum, I wouldn't believe anything that is promoted there, it is as bad as as the old Flat Earth magazines.
i have actually got an audio gd di v3. it was a bit of a punt but i am glad i went for it. i have to stress i have not actually compared it to other usb-spdif converters but it is certainly a step or two up from using the soundcard spdif into the bushmaster. i would have no qualms about buying one of their dac's should i feel the need to upgrade but at the moment i am perfectly happy with the sound i get.

schwantz34

Unread post by schwantz34 »

Are we talking SB classic or SB Touch here Sergio.

Hi Alan! How are you? I hope everything's ok !
Well, i was talking about the sb touch, (on which i downloaded also the toolbox sw version 3) and it sounds good , in my humble opinion... :)
ciao!
s

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Hi Sergio,I am doing fine for someone that still smokes(sorry Jammy) and drinks too much.
I think the touch sounds very good,am listening to radio paradise right now with a large glass of wine. 8-)
Hope things are going better for you now..