Royd Edens

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Royd Edens

Unread post by Andrew »

I've only just got back on the site, or I'd have posted these earlier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350801374830? ... 1497.l2649

I couldn't resist and bought them although I'm not sure where I'm going to put them. Still, I've so nearly bought a pair so many times, I really wanted to at least hear a pair. Anyone had a pair? I'd be interested to know what you paired them with and the results you had. I paid £105 which seems cheap, but I'm not that clued up on current prices. Still, cheaper than ls3/5as eh?

As the seller can't get them to me before the middle of next week, I'll not be able to hear them for a while, as I'm away from home for a bit. Still, a mate's "looking after" them for me and I'll have something to look forward to when I get back.

samjones

Re: Royd Edens

Unread post by samjones »

I had a pair of these in the early 90's.

The first things that strikes you is how incredibly heavy they are for such a small box, I partnered mine with an Ion Obelisk 3x/xpak1 amp and used a Roksan Xerxes turntable. For me they were one of the best speakers I owned, they just did everything I threw at them well and had that knack of making you smile and want to listen. I later upgraded to a pair of Royd SIntra's which were very similar but did everything on a slightly larger scale. They are a revealing speaker so partner them with good kit and you will be smiling for weeks!!!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

samjones wrote: The first things that strikes you is how incredibly heavy they are for such a small box
They are internally lined with steel plate.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

samjones wrote:I had a pair of these in the early 90's.

The first things that strikes you is how incredibly heavy they are for such a small box, I partnered mine with an Ion Obelisk 3x/xpak1 amp and used a Roksan Xerxes turntable. For me they were one of the best speakers I owned, they just did everything I threw at them well and had that knack of making you smile and want to listen. I later upgraded to a pair of Royd SIntra's which were very similar but did everything on a slightly larger scale. They are a revealing speaker so partner them with good kit and you will be smiling for weeks!!!
Ooh, lovely! I'm using a Xerxes too, so I might be in for a treat. :D

selby

Unread post by selby »

Just saw these...look mint but bit pricey!

http://bit.ly/1bfTFmJ
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Selby - They are as you say pricey.....how old ?....But they are getting scarcer every year.
Could be a bloody sound investment....Will be surprised if they go for less than £500.... :o
They just dont make em like they used to....... :whistle: