Talk 3 Speaker Cable.

All general audio posts go here.
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Talk 3 Speaker Cable.

Unread post by Andrew »

Macca wrote:There is the old Talk 3 and the new Talk 3 which has caused confusion elsewhere. presumably these comments relate to the old Talk3 since the site is 10 years old or whatever and the new talk 3 only came out a couple of years ago. I have some of the old talk 3 although I don't use it. No idea if there is any difference between the new one and the old one.
Big difference.

The old stuff is low capacitance. Quoted at the time as 20pf a metre (IIRC). Newer stuff is reportedly far higher.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Andrew wrote:
The old stuff is low capacitance. Quoted at the time as 20pf a metre (IIRC). Newer stuff is reportedly far higher.
I've no idea what the cap is on the new Talk 3 (I've searched the www to no avail) but both my Exposure and Naim amps are very happy using it. For NVA amps though - warranty notwithstanding - I'd only ever use NVA cables, there's absolutely no point using anything else when you've got cables specifically designed for them. :)
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I couldn't tell a difference between the better 4.1 (dumbbell) and the Excel 4 (fig8) which I use now, but I CAN tell a difference between the LS5 and the E4 (NOT using the AP20 for this I promise). The bass is simply 'better' and easier to hear timbres of different bass guitar reproduction - in fact the whole bloody thing now makes it a doddle to hear recording mixes more thoroughly and that's with the cheap SC feeding it all!!!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Got some LS6 here for hooking the A70/80's up when they arrive for photos next week so thought I'd just give it a quick whirl with the Naim...

:dance:
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

I made enquiries a while back the new Talk 3 is approximately 35pF a meter.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Shevans wrote:I made enquiries a while back the new Talk 3 is approximately 35pF a meter.
Thanks for the info. 8-)