Michell Technoarm or keep RB700

All general audio posts go here.
Allthingsanalogue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michell Technoarm or keep RB700

Unread post by Allthingsanalogue »

Another one I was considering was this, similar price to the audiomods and Technoarm.

£555 - Clearaudio Verify

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

AT1005II
Neat G20

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Another thumbs up for the Audiomods here. I had a series 4 then a 5, great arms especially for what they cost. I had a Clearaudio Satisfy for a while but the Audiomods worked better on the Anni. I now use a Wilson Benesch ACT 0.5 which is REALLY nice but didn't out-perform the series 5 by as much as the price difference might indicate.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:AT1005II
Neat G20
Will these work ok on a Gyro? Have seen advertised a Zeta arm (can't remember were) and although I have never heard one, reports are good so I'll throw that into the mix. Why not keep the Rega 700 and try to listen to a few over the next year giving time for finances to improve should you feel the need to upgrade.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

ALL SME S2 type detachable shell arms suffer a major resonance in the upper bass/lower midrange. The Rega R200 and PL71 big brother suffered the least of almost all these period tonearms. Maybe the far eastern way of going for a very solid headshell minimises this more, but the whole point about fixed shell tonearms being 'better' was to clean up the upper bass and lower midrange from the detachable shell weaknesses.

Wii - I'm jealous of your Alphason stash. Now THAT'S a tonearm I'd love to get re-acquainted with. Fab with a Deccapoded stock Silver (Export) I remember. Used on a Gyrodeck too ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...