Re: Wood or Wire?

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Re: Wood or Wire?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: If there's a pair of Cube 2's going for a few weeks, I'll try them with an open heart, but nothing I've heard so far is going to bring about an epiphany moment.
That is not what you said when you heard them at my place, you actually called them an epiphany or similar expression when you posted after the visit, But, and I repeat, you do not only use your ears, you are under people influence like HiFiDave, that arsehole at Harbeth, and that AVI shit etc. I watch your positions change according to who has last been bullshitting you. Have you noticed when you come to me you get no bullshit you just get music and you make your own mind up. Your Pro NVA has weakened in recent months from external influence NOT YOUR EARS. If you just use your ears you would have no problem with me. But I show you where you have been wrong yet weeks or months later you go back to the same old industry standard :Bllocks:

What feckin ad hominem, I am discussing what you say and why you say it.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Post by _D_S_J_R_ »

You're discussing me on an open forum rather than privately and not the subject. Many ways of reproducing music through speakers and no right or wrong way.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Your Pro NVA has weakened in recent months from external influence NOT YOUR EARS. If you just use your ears you would have no problem with me. But I show you where you have been wrong yet weeks or months later you go back to the same old industry standard :Bllocks:
Hang on a minute, I was told when I came here that I could post what I liked and I WAS NEVER to be a mouthpiece for NVA as others have accused me of being as the products sell themselves and Hifi sales people are all self important lying scumbags, or words to that effect. Where has my positive vibe about NVA been weakened? So, was it hoped I'd 'swing with the breeze' and blindly promote NVA to all and sundry like a good little dog? I do use my ears, but maybe have wider exposure to some products currently out there. I'll continue to make my own personal equipment choices thanks, just maybe not discuss them any more, anywhere, which will be difficult for me as I like to discuss this hobby as well as music.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Post by jammy395 »

Stramash & Kerfuffle.............They seem to follow you like a plauge Dave.
Chill out......There is indeed many ways to skin a Cat.
Some great gear out there, but for every gem, bet there's 10 turds - Tread the path carefully. :mrgreen: :guiness;

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Post by slinger »

Gentlemen, if you want to be rude to each other please do it in private.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

joe

Post by joe »

'You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!'

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Apologies all, I obviously don't know how to do things here properly. I don't wish to be rude to anyone and shall do my utmost to carefully consider what I post in future :pray:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Wood or Wire?

Post by Classicrock »

I think the :Bllocks: emoticon is getting overused with reference to non NVA kit. I think DSJR is entitled to like other brands even if they are loosely based on old BBC crap. I've heard some good sounds from Harbeth and they certainly don't sound like the old BBC speakers from memory. I auditioned LS3/5A back in the 70's and was not impressed especially as they were very expensive even then. I think the personalities behind some of these brands should be divorced from the product as I'm sure Richard likes NVA to be judged on sound and not by his comments on internet forums. There's only good or bad hi-fi and then if it's good you decide if it's worth the asking price. Too much of it has been artificially escalated in price over the last 15 years probably in a vain attempt to make up for falling sales. Of course higher prices mean increasingly less sales unless you are targeting wealthy far east and Chinese buyers. Different ways to design a speaker that sounds good.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Dave unless it is aired in public no one will learn. I had decades of having my mouth sown up by this industry IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NOW. All you ever got in retail in terms of information was marketing :Bllocks: I know because as from 1972 I was part of it so saw the :Bllocks: perpetrated by everyone and their self interest. Harbeth and Spendor just used a British institution the BBC as a marketing tool, as eeediots thought if it had BBC name in it it must be good :Bllocks: most of the BBC were eeediots too, too many hangers on and pretend experts taking our licence money and wasting it in creating a gay enclave. PROPER British speaker company were killed off by this and the Japanese invasion and the onset of the other :Bllocks: perpetrated on you the IvorT organised CON of the Flat Earth.

You memory is going, go back and look at your posts You raved about the Cube2 and called it the best of the bunch. I knew you had gone back into the Harbeth fold, you know the company and the man are a feckin disgrace from the the things they do and say, and yes they may have by accident produced the odd good speaker but it has to be luck not judgement, other wise they would know why, and they don't. Wake up, and start using your ears again.

Regarding you and NVA, I am not telling you any different from what I have said all along. The change is you, you came to me you listened you tried and you built, you loved, that is reality, now you have gone back to trotting out the old :Bllocks: again why!!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I liked the Cube 2's very much and do remember saying so, nothing has changed on that score. I inherited the BC2's from the father of a school friend after years of ATC actives and felt it necessary to the memory of the original owner, who was like a second dad to me, to pay a fair bit to get them working again. I'm delighted to say that for this room and current owner, the mid and treble is now to a lovely standard and this on music heard at your place. The bass is far better than BC1's but obviously limited by the box and overall power handling, but it's ok...

I'm a very lucky chap, as people who have known me for years seem to want to donate good but now un-needed gear to me. The LS5/9's came this way, but are still not technically mine (I doubt the broadcaster who signed them out would want them back now) and so did the HH amp and Krell. I'm having a terrible dilemma in the short term, as I've also been gifted some ex-demo Harbeth SHL5's, which are light years on from the rattly old Spendors and now replaced with rave-reviewed 'Plus' versions WHICH I DON'T CURRENTLY LIKE AS MUCH - s'cuse the shouting, but I don't worship everything this company made or makes, believe it or not. I love the Spendors now so much after a recent necessary tweak (done by ear and NOT anything to do with original setup) I'm dreading what the SHL5's are going to do - I'll be honest, I can't justify the cost of getting them here right now either, but once they're here, I'll have to see about what stays and what goes - and this is where my dear old mate Dave comes in, as he's wonderful at selling stuff for me and can demonstrate if necessary!

I'll be over with 'stuff' late next week and we can discuss the Cube 2's then :)