AP10H Jammy Special Upgrade

All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AP10H Jammy Special Upgrade

Unread post by jammy395 »

No Prob's Shane......Im getting along with the AP10hJS just swimmingly. :animals-fishgreen:
Unfortunately im offshore again for 3 weeks, and already missing my headphone rig immensely.
I had my cans on a lot last time home, so i would say ive probably put over a 100hrs on my JS now so i reckon
they must be fully run in.
Ive mentioned before the standard AP10h is sweet as a nut and no slouch, but the JS moves thing on to a whole different level.
Probably akin to stepping up from say A40 monos to A80 monos :o The NVA signature remains, only theres a whole lot more of it.
The space / headroom is massive which seem to spread the various instruments around yer head - Quite eerie at first.
The Clarity is ace, if someones playing piano you may be forgiven if you turn around to look for it...!!
So much info seems muddled or indeed lost all together through my Zingali's but are made crystal clear and retrieved with my Headphone rig.
I think Doc was making a Special for himself, not sure if he has finished it yet.....But you will be able to ask him or better still may
be able to listen to it....!!!!!

I have ordered a couple sets of SSP to replace SC between my CDP-PRE & PRE-AP10hJS.
Im looking forward to hearing the difference this makes - And will let you know asap.

:guiness;
Last edited by jammy395 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammy395

Firebug1 wrote:Jammy, how much is your nva box count at the moment? Looking fine indeed :clap: :dance:
Sorry Firebug missed this one................12 :o Keep's the Doc in Limoncello. :mrgreen:

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

jammy395 wrote:No Prob's Shane......Im getting along with the AP10hJS just swimmingly. :animals-fishgreen:
Unfortunately im offshore again for 3 weeks, and already missing my headphone rig immensely.
I had my cans on a lot last time home, so i would say ive probably put over a 100hrs on my JS now so i reckon
they must be fully run in.
Ive mentioned before the standard AP10h is sweet as a nut and no slouch, but the JS moves thing on to a whole different level.
Probably akin to stepping up from say A40 monos to A80 monos :o The NVA signature remains, only theres a whole lot more of it.
The space / headroom is massive which seem to spread the various instruments around yer head - Quite eerie at first.
The Clarity is ace, if someones playing piano you may be forgiven if you turn around to look for it...!!
So much info muddled or indeed lost all together through my Zingali's are made crystal clear and retrieved with my Headphone rig.
I think Doc was making a Special for himself, not sure if he has finished it yet.....But you will be able to ask him or better still may
be able to listen to it....!!!!!

I have ordered a couple sets of SSP to replace SC between my CDP-PRE & PRE-AP10hJS.
Im looking forward to hearing the difference this makes - And will let you know asap.

Thanks for that, Jammy.

Soon I'm going to save up for one.

I've 3 pairs of different headphones here with me...HD650's and a couple Grado' etc.... :dance:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

3 PAIRS..... :o
Well theres a start to yer savings right there - Keep yer favorite set of cans and flog the other 2. :think:
Saving aint easy in fact its a right pain, it usualy means sacrifice and thats no fun at all.
Good luck - All the best. :clap: :dance:

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

jammy395 wrote:
Firebug1 wrote:Jammy, how much is your nva box count at the moment? Looking fine indeed :clap: :dance:
Sorry Firebug missed this one................12 :o Keep's the Doc in Limoncello. :mrgreen:
:grin: You defenitly had done your part. Just have to hope that Doc don’t take too many and lose intrest to make more boxes for rest of us :grin:
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Firebug1 wrote:
jammy395 wrote:
:grin: You defenitly had done your part. Just have to hope that Doc don’t take too many and lose intrest to make more boxes for rest of us :grin:
Fingers crossed... :)

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

Been prompted to share my thoughts on my headphone cable upgrade....Sorry :oops:
Hear goes......Will keep it short n sweet.

Toxic Silver Poison. (headphone cable).
Good bloody stufff this, but I will get a couple bad points oot the way first.
It was an 8 week wait..!! (not sure if this has changed).
It takes quite a while, perhaps 200 hrs to come on song.

It's better than the very substancial 2 mtr set supplied with my Audeze Cans and better than my brothers Cardas 2 mtr cables - this is despite my run of TSP being a rather long 5 mtrs.... :o
No probs there however, as its driven by My SE Nva 3 box power house head amp.... ;)
I wont use reviewer speak other than say you can easily notice the improvement......
Better Clarity, Bigger Soundstage....Highs, Mids n Lows all sweet.

Buy this cable with confidence.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/index.php ... ommon/home

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Nice Jammy, glad to hear that an upgrade is possible on your mega-headphone rig !!! :guiness;

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Pleased you like the Toxic cable, I did read a couple of good reviews, one in particular commenting one how it improved what the writer thought were the downsides of the Audeze headphones. I believe extending treble and giving better/tighter bass. Would really love to hear that rig of yours, I bet its sublime. :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Playing with it here before it went to Jammy, it very nearly didn't. I kept saying I had to build one for myself, but it just kept going further back in the queue.