Beefs! Get it off your chest

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Beefs! Get it off your chest

Unread post by Fretless »

kazam wrote:Deceit.

I have recently been trying to build bridges. It wasn't the most pleasant few days, but I persevered. Ultimately a fallacy was created and strangely any ability to respond appears to have been withdrawn. Knowledge is power.
Kaz, a brave attempt - at least you tried .... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I have a beef .

Brit pop and prog , joined h/s , knowing what it was about . They are welcomed . loaned equipment and allowed to discuss NEBO ad infinitum .

one piss take and they strop off like a women who spent the nite in hotel with ched evans.

and then make up the biggest load of bullshit I have read in my life to justify their actions .

if I was a cynical man , I would suggest there membership was a macca orchestrated attempt to reduce the level of critigue aimed at il ducky the man who doesn't change nappies ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well I don't agree, I like Brit and Proggy and yes they would prefer me to shut up and just promote NVA here, and yes they have loyalties on the other side, both have been there for a lot longer than here and have loads of personal experiences with them because of NEBO, but they have never met any of us!!

I think we tend to see devils where there are none sometimes because of the manipulation of the truth and reality by Marco, as he has just done with Kaz. I recently had a go at Macca, but I am still convinced he wanted to mod on AoS to pull it back in line. But he is squashed (mentally and physically) by Marco. I don't think Brit and Proggy have any agenda to act for Marco, I just wish they wouldn't constantly tell me I should change without approaching the source of the problems similarly in Marco. They would get very short shrift for that.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

kazam wrote:Deceit.

I have recently been trying to build bridges. It wasn't the most pleasant few days, but I persevered. Ultimately a fallacy was created and strangely any ability to respond appears to have been withdrawn. Knowledge is power.
Kaz then you let him win, that is what he wants. There is no reason to ban you, but he has managed it without his members knowing. It just looks like you have stopped posting to them. Hopefully AoS readers here will make that point there, and if the block is released just carry on, don't promote just be you and your system, past and present.

kazam
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kazam »

All good, now fully regenerated :guiness; Circumspect Louis Vuitton (dodgy baggage) is not for me. See what I did there?

selby

Unread post by selby »

I've said it before on here and even got banned from AOS for saying it but I don't get why there is so much unrest, bullying and aggressive behaviour on Hi-Fi forums. For something that is meant to be a pleasurable hobby (Hi-Fi and Music) I don't understand the sheer level of hatred.

I completely understand the Marco vs Doc situation based on the disgusting threats once made. I also understand that AOS is run by this man and he seems to control everything that happens on it (but then aren't most forums), which includes banning anyone who disagrees with him (again aren't most forums). However I still don't understand why it matters and why we should care. If you don't like something, then stop doing it, in this case stop reading, reviewing and commenting on something you all dislike so much. There is nearly 1200 pages of commenting on how we all dislike AOS, I'd much prefer it if there was 1200 pages of knowledge and experience sharing to do with hi-fi and music.

It would almost be better to run two forums, one for purely hi-fi and music and then another called 'wehatetheartofsound.com' where it's dedicated purely to anti AOS/Marco chat. I guess some would say this is what HFS is for, but it always seems a shame to me.

I'm a member of loads of other forums from cars, cooking, computers, IT and design and I've never seen bad behaviour like this. It's childish and I wish one side of the party would take the higher ground and give up fighting and just enjoy our hobby.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

:clap: post of the day.

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

And to add a further positive, I sincerely feel that awkwardbydesign came across well :clap: I salute your dedication to reviewing post 26! To sum up, 50% comedy gold, 50% worrying study on how paranoia can impact on the truth.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Daniel Quinn wrote:I have a beef .

Brit pop and prog , joined h/s , knowing what it was about . They are welcomed . loaned equipment and allowed to discuss NEBO ad infinitum .

one piss take and they strop off like a women who spent the nite in hotel with ched evans.

and then make up the biggest load of bullshit I have read in my life to justify their actions .

if I was a cynical man , I would suggest there membership was a macca orchestrated attempt to reduce the level of critigue aimed at il ducky the man who doesn't change nappies ;)
Dan, proving my previous point exactly.

One part of me thinks sod this for a game of soldiers, I'll leave them to it and Dan can have his knitting circle back the way he likes it.

Another part of me thinks that would be a tragedy and won't give Dan his way and will stick around to call him out.

Right now that's the part which is winning :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I would accept and understand this far more Brit if you did the same thing at AoS.