Records are back - it is official.

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Records are back - it is official.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about the dreaded VRTD (Vinyl Record Transmitted Diseases).

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

I luv me Vinyl .......Smell, Taste, Look's, Feel, and Sound.

Ok I may have been telling Pinky's on the Taste (Although old Shellac.....Mmmmmm).

Digital = Emotion............Fuk Off. ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sometimes the flat earth bullshit was funny - "Digital - reassembling a cow from beef mince" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I get an incredible emotional connection with the music via my digital sources. I just can't understand why some of you lot don't :-? In fact, the NVA stuff I'm using in the office system has enabled that setup to 'communicate' in a way I just wasn't getting before on it. The Micro Seiki player always did this with ease however and still does..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I get it from both, I just prefer analogue, not sure why but it seems it takes me deeper into the meditation thing. Apart from when I have to turn over or change the record :|

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:I get an incredible emotional connection with the music via my digital sources. I just can't understand why some of you lot don't :-? In fact, the NVA stuff I'm using in the office system has enabled that setup to 'communicate' in a way I just wasn't getting before on it. The Micro Seiki player always did this with ease however and still does..
If it's any consolation DSJR, I can't stand bloody vinyl. I think it sounds like complete crap.
I walk out of rooms at shows where they are using vinyl as a source. If people like it, and most audiophiles do, who am I to argue. Vinyl just irritates the hell out of me. I can't help the way I feel. OTOH I'm not about to try to use measurement and theory to try to convince any vinyl lover thay are wrong. They like it I don't, that's life.
Here's a little anecdote
Last year I think it was, Tony Blackburn did a "Pick of the Pops" show where everything he played was vinyl.
People were e-mailing in, gushing about the lovely warm sound coming out of their radios and hi- fi's and looking forward to the next vinyl special.
I felt like emailing him, and telling him I had never heard such a fooking load of crap sound in my life...fizzzzz, fuzzzzzz

"Ah ah ah ah'
sszthtaying alive, sszthtaying alive" :angry-screaming:

Jesus Fooking HC I had to turn it off before I commited murder.
Vinyl my arse. :whistle:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Baby DQ has started to walk. Yesterday he walked from room to room holding a vinyl record , it could of been a cd , but he choose a record .

cd my arse .

ps. if the TB listeners had been listening via dab , then it would have course been digitized . I supsect mr shadow thats what you were listening to :lol:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

ALL BBC radio is from the DAB feed I understand, the FM is now derived from this I understand :( The best way to hear BBC radio is via the internet I currently feel.
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Daniel Quinn wrote: cd my arse .

ps. if the TB listeners had been listening via dab , then it would have course been digitized . I supsect mr shadow thats what you were listening to :lol:
Listen pal
we're going to have to agree to disagree, and then when you won't agree to disagree, by disagreeing with me, I'll turn into the incredible hulk and shut down thread, then if you still persist in disagreeing with me, ie still refusing to agree to disagree by disagreeing again, I'll ban you, so there.
Oh......sh&t, Now the Doc'll probably ban me for getting ideas above my station. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Which station was that, does it still have steam trains, mmmmm me love steam trains :dance: probably why I still love records :grin: