over priced kit

All general audio posts go here.
jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Re: over priced kit

Unread post by jandl100 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:If antipathy clouded my judgement I would have been sacked years ago :lol:

Forgive me if i spend 3.5k on an amp I would expect it to excel on more than two genres , not just be good on everything but classical .

Also , it would seem for you it is bettered by a 2002 nad which according to google can be had for about £500. It is not my judgement that is clouded . ;)
Not true, that's not what I posted.

I'll put you on Ignore - I think it's called 'foe'' on HFS, how appropriate. :lol:

So byeeee, dq - I can't say I'll miss you. :mrgreen: - you can post what drivel you like from now on without challenge from me.
Last edited by jandl100 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

You challenged me previously ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :guiness;

pS- dont forget to do the same on TAS ;)

jammy395
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Why dont you chap's start a new thread called.....

"Jan v Dan" and have at it....... :violence-swords: :lol:

Daniel Quinn

I am confused Jammy , I pointed out the shortcomings of what he was saying politely , you said he was talking " fuckin bollocks" and he has a strop on me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:I am confused Jammy , I pointed out the shortcomings of what he was saying politely , you said he was talking " fuckin bollocks" and he has a strop on me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I find that some people, just dont like being told of their shortcomings, no matter how diplomatic or politely put.
Thus I tend to dispense with the nicety's all together.... :lol:....I think folk much prefer the direct approach. :whistle:

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

I can recall, Jerry, that you had an XTZ integrated for a while which you struggled to find fault with on any genre of music and the XTZ costs £2800 less than the TQ....

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I understand the designer (aka Colin Wonfor aka braindead) left because he was pissed off with the rip-off being perpetrate with TQ products.

Daniel Quinn

And i thought he retired so he could make audio chews more interesting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That is impossible. The guy that runs it is the boring fart to end all boring farts.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Macca wrote:I can recall, Jerry, that you had an XTZ integrated for a while which you struggled to find fault with on any genre of music and the XTZ costs £2800 less than the TQ....
Nah - I didn't hang on to it for very long at all - the XTZ was a great all-rounder for the price - but wouldn't hold a candle to the TQ Claymore, except for the TQ's rather excitable top end on some music.
The TQ really is a bit special!
My NAD would stomp the XTZ into the ground as well.
Can't argue with the XTZ's vfm, though.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)