What RCM?

All general audio posts go here.
rikardo1979
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What RCM?

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It had finished no one had voted for over a week. You had all the information you are going to get. We remove polls at that point. The only permanent ones are which forum do you post on and the EU vote one until the vote.
Did I? Strange.I am sure I have not set time for it. It was default 0 which by forum means unlimited or till removed, right?
  • AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

NO! it is up to us (admin) how long it lasts. And as I have said if the votes stop for a week you have all the information you are going to get, so it is removed. If we didn't do this the list of polls would be three pages of them by now.

Anymore comment on admin decisions will be removed. We have a rule that admin decisions are only questioned via PM.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I cleaned an LP using the RCM and then spread cleaning fluid on the side to be played. Played one track vacuumed off and then repeated.

Track played was Auberge by Chris Rea from album of same name.

Observations. First impression was I couldn't accurately see the first groove with the fluid. However no negative effect to playback or the stylus was observed. First impression was that surface noise was a little lower with fluid but I did find after track was finished the fluid had dispersed into rings and partly evaporated. This record on first and second play with and without fluid had some surface noise / crackle in quiet passages which may be wear or contamination. Wet playing certainly didn't result in dead quiet background.

After drying in the RCM I thought crackle was worse but felt the reproduction was a little sharper and revealing more detail. I then played a third time (second dry pass) and noticed a reduction in crackle. This was the quietest of the 3 plays.

Conclusion- could not hear any real benefit in wet playing that justified the extra fiddle factor involved and it may add extra grunge that took a vacuum plus two plays to remove somewhat. Still not convinced this copy is free of some groove wear which means another case of overgrading on part of the seller. May improve with further cleaning.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well to be honest I hadn't a clue if the fluid from a RCM would work but it had a good chance to being a fluid. Try just water from a fine rose sprayer as used when ironing on the clean record.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

So basically.....this thread has shown.

Use a fukin brush, like us norms. :whistle:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That is fine Jammy I will just keep enjoying it myself as I have on and off when I can be bothered for over 30 years.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Respect Doc......Just dont fukin ask me to one of your party's.

Hold on 10 mins folks till I clean the B side......... :guiness; :lol: :lol:

:epop: :!:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That is the problem , even if it works , it is not a realistic proposition . That's why I aint going to try it . it is analogous to trying a £5000 moving coil or the next door neighbours wife . I do not want to know if it is an improvement as I will not be doing it , it is two much hassle . ;)

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It doesn't really improve anything and had enough time before fluid started to dissipate to assess a fully wet disc. It's just too much faffing around and a nice clean dry disc is just much more practical to handle.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)