Records are back - it is official.

All general audio posts go here.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Records are back - it is official.

Unread post by zebbo »

To be honest I don't think it's actually the fact that it's on vinyl that matters, it's whether it's analogue or digital. A lot of newly released vinyl sounds pretty shite too, pretty much like the CD, because everything that happened up to pressing the record was digital I guess. I suspect that top quality analogue tape would sound equally nice to my ears. I remember, at one of the hi-fi shows, a room where they had two sets of masters running, one digital, one analogue. Now I have to admit that both were pretty stunning, but the analogue version still had that certain "something" about it.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

[edited for needless waffle]
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

[edit]
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

The Oppo is only the latest CD spinner, which is now for sale. I've lost count of how many CD players I've gotten through over the years, including players/dacs from Theta, Bow, Audio Analogue, Tube Technology, Musical fidelity, Meridian, Densen, Perpetual Technology..........the list goes on, and on, and. . . .
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

[edit]
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

No, I think you've maybe picked up the wrong end of the stick here. I never thought CD replay was awful, far from it with the best players I had, (the Tube Tech Fusion being the best). It's mainly that, for me, my PT hits the spot "slightly" better and as I don't get to really sit and have a good listen very often, (hi-fi in the lounge with a household of 5 adults!), when I do it's the PT that gets used.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

OK, thanks :)