Am I ripping CD's correctly?

All general audio posts go here.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Am I ripping CD's correctly?

Unread post by terrybooth »

Sovereign wrote:What is it that makes a speaker sound faster?
My ATC's were pretty quick, my Heco's are slower my ES22's are faster still :?
So, the ES22s are in the system :P
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by applemarc »

Yes you can but you have to install windows first
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

TERRYBOOTH
I'm just flying out the door, but yes, they went in very late last night after i had a few beers and demo'd John Westlakes mods to my DAC, love the rythem and timing and the increase in detail, it is a little toppy to me but then I have just come from a warm/neutral speaker.
I need to play around with them a bit to see whats what,

Sovereign

A response from a pro.... and your not stating your view as definitive, how refreshing, thank you.
I need to say I know NOTHING about computers, yet I'm on one 16 hrs a day, so thanks for keeping it simple.
Let me have a chew over what you have said.
My first and immediate question is, if I am linking my laptop to my DAC via a USB cable is the USB cable itself worth upgrading ? There are some strong opinions both ways :?:

applemarc

Ripping software for Mac that I know are 4media Audio Converter Pro or Media Human audio converter there are more out there.
Fitting a SSD drive to a MacBook Pro depending on model is straight forward with the correct tools
Beresford Caiman Ipod

shevans

Unread post by shevans »

One I use on OS X is Rip. Its Beta software and has been for a long time but never had an issue with it. It verifies the rips with the Accuraterip database.

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

I have tried lots of USB cables, some quite expensive, and they all sound different .IMHO the best I have heard by far is the Furutech Formula 2 .

Sovereign

familyguy wrote:I have tried lots of USB cables, some quite expensive, and they all sound different .IMHO the best I have heard by far is the Furutech Formula 2 .
Thats very interesting, I know Jason said that a change in USB is not the place to start but it doesn't take any brain power and fiddling about with 'software' (I may have a mental block here, as fiddling around with settings that I can never seem to find drives me up the wall, I would rather put my nuts in a blender) I currently have have a 5m USB cable from lindy cables, £20 I think.
The Furutech founds expensive though, how much and what difference did it make.

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

I was using a Wireworld Starlight USB cable as it was easily better than the Belkin and QED cables I was using .. Gazjam brought over the Furutech to mine recently for comparison and it blew the Wireworld out of the water . More detail , cleaner deeper bass , and more weight all round . Gary also heard the same improvements as me . I sold the Wireworld and bought the Furutech Formula 2 . Now I'm sure there are better USB cables , but for the money this one is very good indeed IMHO .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Furutech-ADL- ... 5ae7f544a7

applemarc

OK we are going to look at what the options and settings are for Mac
Beresford Caiman Ipod