A40 build pic

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

A40 build pic

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

r100 wanted some build pics for his mk2 A40's order, well I forgot, just remembered, so here is one. PSU base and heatsink / pcb just mounted and glued waiting for glue to go off. they are wired together, now just waiting for back panel to be wired and fitted and then front panel and led. Then tech test / sound check / 48hour soak test / final sound check / pack and ship.

And another. The two halves before being wired and put together.

Shevans
Great Britain

Re: A40 build pic

Unread post by Shevans »

Looks nice, abiet a bit fiddly for assembly at the later stages. I really do like the newer MK2 styling and the reduction in width means two amps in place of one.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Wonder if these amps and their beautiful simplicity will get an airing on AOS . :D

And to quote Mr Jobs - “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Shevans wrote:Looks nice, abiet a bit fiddly for assembly at the later stages. I really do like the newer MK2 styling and the reduction in width means two amps in place of one.
Its not difficult Seppi, you just wire the PSU (mostly tinned copper bar) then place the heatsink / pcb upright behind and wire, apply glue and place on top. The back and front panel are easy to wire as the wire is already in place, again just wire then glue. It gets fiddly with the dual psu of the A80's, that takes more time.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Daniel Quinn wrote:Wonder if these amps and their beautiful simplicity will get an airing on AOS . :D

And to quote Mr Jobs - “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
It is just a question of balance and experience, as opposed to bullshit and muddled thinking, which is the AoS opposition. But as with all things there driven by over bearing egos they will never admit it or back down.

r100
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by r100 »

Wow ! Thank's Doc. Now that is top class. Hand Made in the UK by the designer... I mean where would you get such service ?

Thank's for posting the pics !!!

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

The design is like a Braun (Dieter Rams) , although they would also available in white! and the NVA logo would have to be in a contrasting black or white and really small.

- as little design as possible.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

White is a complete pain, and to my mind very pretentious (one of the reasons I don't like Apple).

I am sorry but most of my hard work is done I am living off the benefit of work I did a long time ago. Now I am just fiddling with the fringes. It is human nature to think that new and just designed is always best, its not!. It is what created japanese hi-fi marketing and detracted from the fact that they "could" make astonishingly good product. BUT marketing interfered, each year a new model even if it was worse, and more and more ridiculous and complicated model numbers.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This is for Seppi. I am building an A30 as well as the 40's, so being a stereo amp wiring is more complicated, but as you see from the pic if the heatsink and pcb are placed upright behind the amp all the wiring points are easily available, leaving enough slack so that the heatsink can come off easily for any repairs in the future. And no music ruining wiring looms :lol:

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:White is a complete pain, and to my mind very pretentious (one of the reasons I don't like Apple).

I am sorry but most of my hard work is done I am living off the benefit of work I did a long time ago. Now I am just fiddling with the fringes. It is human nature to think that new and just designed is always best, its not!. It is what created japanese hi-fi marketing and detracted from the fact that they "could" make astonishingly good product. BUT marketing interfered, each year a new model even if it was worse, and more and more ridiculous and complicated model numbers.
Just saying what Braun could / would have done design wise, not in anyway unhappy with your designs I love them :romance-hearteyes: anyway never seen a white heat-sink that size only aluminium.

It really neat how you have incorporated the heat sink as part of the case.