Turntable.

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Turntable.

Unread post by Andrew »

There's one on the Wam. It's the guy I bought my Rock from, but he wants £330 and its an early one with quite a bit of muck and missing paint. I'm not sure what they are worth TBH.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Andrew wrote:There's one on the Wam. It's the guy I bought my Rock from, but he wants £330 and its an early one with quite a bit of muck and missing paint. I'm not sure what they are worth TBH.
Na, I wouldn't pay £330 for one in that silly state !! Plus I'm broke at the moment :doh:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

A nice cheap Rega R200 arm (the old one made in Japan) is all you need, unless you want to spend silly money.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:A nice cheap Rega R200 arm (the old one made in Japan) is all you need, unless you want to spend silly money.
Agreed, lovely little arm that one. But I always thought the Excalibur was the perfect wife for the Rock :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

It seems criminal now, but the R200s used to go in the bin when people upgraded their Planar decks to the RB300. I've never heard one on any other deck but it might be time to try :D

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Anyone know who Max got to make his arms? The early ones look so much like Helius arms, I figured it had to be them. It would explain the "variable" quality.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Andrew wrote:It seems criminal now, but the R200s used to go in the bin when people upgraded their Planar decks to the RB300. I've never heard one on any other deck but it might be time to try :D
Stupid, the UK made arms are no where near as good as the old Jap arms, dull as ditch water. It is basically the same arm as fitted to the PL71, but the PL71 one has higher rated bearings and a spring bias, as opposed to the toothed rubber band bias in the Rega, that rots.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

I. Guess its just typical of hifi fashion trends. Lord knows how many vintage valve amps went to the tip just a few years ago. Now people are falling over themselves to pay stupid money for stuff that doesn't even work and will need hundreds more spending on them.

Lets face it. Most dealers wouldn't know a good sound if they heard it. They just care about the latest thing and the profit margin.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Especially Rega dealers and their pet forum shills.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Rega R200 Arm's.
They are on the market cheap as chip's, but any way of telling a Jap mod from Brit mod.?
Never say on sales sites.... :naughty:
Other than buying from the land of the rising sun.....!!!!!