Website

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Website

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Cable section being done so can users of NVA cable do a wee report or mini review here so some can be used.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Website

Unread post by terrybooth »

This is what I said about LS6 (compared with LS5)
Initial impressions were that this cable brings on more of those NVA qualities - a sense of space, each instrument more distinctive, more of the nuances of the recording coming through. I think that, in addition to this, it produces a better sense of everything going on in the same space and time.

However, going back to the A70s and A80s produced the biggest shock. Perhaps I need to let things settle in a bit longer, but initial impressions are of a more smeared sound: a little like I'm in the room next door, not in the music room. So, what I'm saying is that A80s plus LS6 produced a distinctly better sound than A80s, plus A70s plus LS5.

As part of the transition, I had the A80s plugged into the bass with LS6 and the A70s plugged into mid/treble with LS5s. This produced, as you might expect, a stronger, clearer bass or to put it another way, when I replaced the LS6 with LS5 for the bass drivers, bass became more muddled.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Looking forward to seeing this Web site that's coming soon!

s.
Shane Lonergan.

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I'm working my way through all the NVA cables, be great to get some reviews/feedback on the following cables:

LS1 / LS2 / LS3 / LS5 / LS7

I've got some great 'thoughts' on each from Gromit but be good to add some additional reviews/feedback.

Also if anyone has any reviews of SC / SSC / SSP that would also be great and any general reviews/feedback on NVA and RD (i.e. would you buy from him again and why?)

I'll come onto the amplifiers etc later once the basics are in place...

Thanks
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You forgot LS6

selby

Unread post by selby »

I've got a few for LS6 but can always have more to consider...

Was there ever an LS4? Just curious...
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

When I was doing the original cables most of my production was going to Far Eastern countries via distributors (90's). Four is an unlucky number in Chinese numerology.

selby

Unread post by selby »

Interesting to know...

Well I've got all the cables up there in a basic form...reviews/feedback etc now needed.

Doc I should be free next week to pop over but will confirm tomorrow once I know work load for coming week. Gromit has got a couple of bits to get to me but I'd like to get it in fairly good shape before I see you so we can make adjustments on the fly...

Night night...

My Business

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

selby wrote:Interesting to know...

Well I've got all the cables up there in a basic form...reviews/feedback etc now needed.

Doc I should be free next week to pop over but will confirm tomorrow once I know work load for coming week. Gromit has got a couple of bits to get to me but I'd like to get it in fairly good shape before I see you so we can make adjustments on the fly...

Night night...
This is for PM not forum.

selby

Unread post by selby »

Sorry...my brain is fried!

My Business