Price Increase?

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Price Increase?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am sort of at a decision - how about 1st April for 10%, and 1st November for another 10%. This gives people here time to get stuff before if they need it.

Would that be acceptable.

I am thinking of leaving the pre-amps out of this as that is becoming a competitive point. Or maybe just keeping the basic P50 cheap as a sort of loss leader as they can always be upgraded later to SA or P90.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Bloody hell Doc!

How many manufacturers would say "would that be acceptable" when increasing prices in order to cover costs :clap:

I'll have to start saving a bit harder.
All the best. Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Certainly better than 20% in one lump. You've mentioned amps. What about cables - same or more. Keeping the basic P50 cheap may give a link between the AP and the P - A series but I guess you need to play around a little on bit of paper to see how it would look first.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes cables as well as they have had a similar cost increase. Surprisingly it looks like I may be able to hold price on speakers, but I will check.

I hate odd amounts, especially pence, on prices so I will round up and down to make easy numbers.

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

Daniel Quinn wrote:You wouldn't expect an accussed person to have to stand up for themselves without a lawyer , so why should a consumer be expected to put up with partial information , bullshit and obfuscation . It is not a question of not being personally responsible it is a question of being equipped with all the appropriate knowledge to make up your mind . It is interesting in the area of health which as costs consequences for the state the provision of information so you can make an informed choice is much more stringent . I see no reason why such laws cannot extend to all consumer products .
Hmm...a lawyer who thinks that all the world's problems can be solved by legeslation. That's a new one :P

I don't think it is good for people to be spoon fed. Make them do a bit of legwork and battle the sales bullshit if they want to get good value. People are so passive these days, they want everything done for them and if they make an error or do something stupid they want the mess cleaned up for them and some compensation.

So they never learn anything, they remain overgrown children bleating 'that's unfair' about everything and looking for someone to sue.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Macca wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:You wouldn't expect an accussed person to have to stand up for themselves without a lawyer , so why should a consumer be expected to put up with partial information , bullshit and obfuscation . It is not a question of not being personally responsible it is a question of being equipped with all the appropriate knowledge to make up your mind . It is interesting in the area of health which as costs consequences for the state the provision of information so you can make an informed choice is much more stringent . I see no reason why such laws cannot extend to all consumer products .
Hmm...a lawyer who thinks that all the world's problems can be solved by legeslation. That's a new one :P

I don't think it is good for people to be spoonfed. Make them do a bit of legwork and battle the sales bullshit if they want to get good value. People are so passive these days, they want everything done for them and if they make an error or do something stupid they want the mess cleaned up for them and some compensation.

So they never learn anything, they remain overgrown children bleating 'that's unfair' about everything and looking for someone to sue.
You have a habit of bastardising my arguments in an attempt to portray them in a less than favourable light in order to give yourself room for argument . :D

Nobody is saying spoonfed , indeed it is the opposite, full knowledge enlightens consumers and makes then more intelligent consumers . It is the pull the wool over the consumers eyes practices that we have now that has infantilised consumer behaviour to the point were an ill educated half decent cockney footballer can sell 10 million pairs of underpants on the premise he wears them.

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

I don't need room for argument I already have the space equivilent to a baronial hall :)

You can't really compare the purchase of underpants to that of hi-fi or indeed any expensive/complex item. And I'm not sure how enforced full disclosure on the underpants would make peeple less likely to buy them although I am looking forward to finding out...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Wheres the smiley throwing in the towel ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have said it before and I will say it again US capitalism should now be dead or dying, it has had its time and its day. The only thing keeping it going is that China has adopted a corrupted version of it, every where else it is now failing us as the 2008 crises should show us. We need a new way, and my vote is for artisanship as everything moves on line and becomes more individual. Instead of using your skill (and not just making things) to get yourself a job the future is using your skill individually or in co-operative ventures to make a living. That is my best solution but as we know the process of change is not straightforward or necessarily predictable.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Yomanze wrote:Needs must though... it's not like the prices will go anywhere near how LFD & Albarry are getting at the moment e.g. Albarry M608 was £1,650, now £2,995...!
Where this maker is concerned, I believe the price was set more by one of the dealers (not the one I know!) and export. Trouble is, many potential customers are deprived of the pleasure of owning one.

The thing is, I suppose I'm coloured by the Salisbury lot, who increase prices every year, whether necessary or not and of course, every new model brings about a sizeable increase in price (the SN2 having less inside but costing rather more!)...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...