Is repair by third party possible?

All things NVA
kung_fu0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is repair by third party possible?

Unread post by kung_fu0 »

Hi Doc, I am currently considering on buying one NVA integrated amplifier, and I would like to know how easy it is to have the item repaired should that become necessary. I know it can be sent back to you for the repairs, but that will be quite a hassle to me, and the cost will be quite substantial as I am not from the UK. Would it be possible for me to send it to a repairman who lives near me instead? If repairs are possible, how can the case or other components be glued back together after the job is done? Is there any specific type of glue that should be used for that?
On a related note, I would also like to know how long the components will be held together by the glue if the unit is never opened for repairs. Had there been any units out there that fell apart because the glue was no longer holding the parts together due to age? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice that you may provide.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Is repair by third party possible?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The problem is we are so different in construction to normal amplifiers that repair engineers get completely lost and can't seem to cope with it. In reality if I had one of them here for a day to show them they would be able to mend any NVA amp. I have tried on a couple of occasions to talk them through it by email, it has worked sometimes and not worked sometimes.

Regarding adhesives we use they tend to get harder and stronger with time not less strong, so the only problem I have is people nagging for delivery and me sending out before they have completely gone off which takes about 3 days. Remember if adhesives tended to fail then every modern aircraft would fall apart in the sky, and we use same or similar adhesives.