Pinky's Funky Rambling's....!!!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pinky's Funky Rambling's....!!!

Unread post by jammy395 »

Pinky my man - u sir are a 1 off.

:clap: ;) :dance:

You make a complex thing simple - and visa versa. :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That doesn't mean she has perfect pitch recognition, but that is by the way even most numpties can hear the warble on a Pink belt. It obviously shows up far more on piano which is very pitch sensitive. If you just listen to Dire Straits or like ilk you very unlikely to recognise what true pitch is as guitars rely on strings being bent even when they don't realise they are doing it. It is not about musical training as pitch sensitivity is largely genetic I believe, I have seen Marco claim it, and it might be true, he likes Direct Drives :lol: :lol:

The title is meaningless, you haven't got a playroom to just spout crap at us, if it gets too silly you will find it is a vehicle to gently take the piss out of you, obviously within the ad hominem rules.

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

jammy395 wrote:Pinky my man - u sir are a 1 off.

:clap: ;) :dance:

You make a complex thing simple - and visa versa. :D
Awe shucks jammy. U know I have scotch in the family. My mum's cousin married David daiches. As well as publishing books on Scottish history he wrote "let's collect scotch whisky". Every Christmas he would introduce me to half a dozen new single malts. Test me. The pt anniversary is the macalan 25 year old (which I tried in a bar in osaka - £25 a shot!
Last edited by Oldpinkman on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

jammy395

But I am off to get pissed as a warm up for my birthday tomorrow. (Pinky)

Well all the best Pinky - Enjoy. :clap: :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Pinky - Sorry mate, its only claim to fame is it is better than a Linn LP12. Connoisseur made better turntables in the late 1950's, buy this then you will know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131134224078? ... 1431.l2649

When have you seen this even mentioned on forums, that is the level of ignorance there is around.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:An oft forgotten about direct drive is the Dual, so many model that just confuse me. But the odd ones I have heard make very passable music.

Perhaps DSJR would give us a definitive listing with recs.
The 701 was Dual's first direct drive and in this poster's view, the best one. Not a huge amount of torque, but no overshoot either, so it sort-of behaves more like a decent belt drive. It was designed mainly for 1g trackers like the V15 III it came with (the 'springy' inner counterweight was tuned to this cartridge), so servo issues just don't exist. I've used a Koetsu Black and the MC30 Super at 1.8g with no issues and the heavy bodies just don't transmit midrange microphony into the system, something that some fixed coils do in this tonearm.

Later models favoured style more and more and once the heavy sprung top plate was abandoned (yet quartz locking was introduced at around the same time :? ), the resonant plinths took over sonically.

So many models, I cannot remember many of them.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

The voyd used 3 motors. Arthurs vector system uses 2 slave pulleys instead of additional motors, but the effect is the same in terms of stability :P
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

jammy395

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Pinky - Sorry mate, its only claim to fame is it is better than a Linn LP12. Connoisseur made better turntables in the late 1950's, buy this then you will know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131134224078? ... 1431.l2649

When have you seen this even mentioned on forums, that is the level of ignorance there is around.
IT MIGHT BE BETTER DOC - BUT I WOULDNT HAVE IT IN THE HOUSE, LET ALONE PLAY IT - FAR TOO FUKIN UGLY IM AFRAID......... :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Pinky - No its not, all it does is increase the resonant frequency of the belt wobble. And even worse the next one in the chain is out of phase because of the drag of the pulley and the energy changing direction compared with the first one so you increase the problem by a factor of three but at a higher (less noticeable) frequency.

So its only advantage is to increase the frequency of the instability.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You have no taste Jammy, it is industrial art, built like tank.