JPW AP2

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: JPW AP2

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The man is a saleman FULL STOP his own representation of his history and how he bought Harbeth confirms this. I don't care what he did since as there are things about him and the company that puts my back up and obviously doesn't yours. 1. he has a closed mind 2. he doesn't use his ears (otherwise he wouldn't say all amp sound the same). 3/ he overprices and rips off his customers. 4/ the whole company ethos is based on marketing BBC design as though he owns it. 5/ he has a forum that does not allow non party line comment, and that allowed is ridiculed from a position of superior ignorance. 6/ there is NOTHING to commend this company to prospective customers apart from BULLSHIT.

You don't need to wait for Cubes. Again I challenge you Dave, just start by removing the wadding. Do it to a Harbeth if you can then come and tell us how clever the man is.

BTW I intended to insult the man because in my opinion he deserves it, he an objectivist pollutant on the industry who is sending new hobbyist on a line AWAY from the music.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dave "I'm not as closed minded as you think, but I find 'you lot' as entrenched in your groove as you accuse me of being in mine. I'm not in a hole at all, but I await hearing the Cubes with interest once a pair is made up."

The difference is we have heard the speakers according to BBC and heard the same or similar speakers according to Doc Mods. FIND ME ONE PERSON WHO HAS GONE BACK. Where as you will not even remove some wadding to open your ears so cannot comment as you have not tried.

wallace
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wallace »

Alfi wrote:In fact I have some ML310's to do next for my Son - that'll be interesting too
Let us know what you do to them,i am sat here listening to a pair,all i have done is unstuff them,but feel i aught to do more,if only to not be left out of things.I do like how they sound now,so it might not be worth messing with them,eh.!? I am spoilt thou' as i spend most of my day listening to a pair of Grado RS1's from an AP10 :dance: :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unstuffing is the simplest and easiest and most time and cost effective, but there is more benefit if you want to go look for it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

wallace wrote:
Alfi wrote:In fact I have some ML310's to do next for my Son - that'll be interesting too
Let us know what you do to them,i am sat here listening to a pair,all i have done is unstuff them,but feel i aught to do more,if only to not be left out of things.I do like how they sound now,so it might not be worth messing with them,eh.!? I am spoilt thou' as i spend most of my day listening to a pair of Grado RS1's from an AP10 :dance: :mrgreen:
Do you have the 310's on stands and placed near the wall?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Yes,Shane,they are on some auralex studio pads on my desk each side of my laptop jammed up to the wall. :roll: :grin:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Now that paints a pretty picture in my head Wallace.

You sitting by the fire in yer favourite comfy chair (perhaps a wee dram on the table beside you) RS1's upon yer noggin, calmly enjoying you favourite sounds via an AP10, whilst un-plucking a bookshelf loudspeaker.

Tranquillity.........Does it get any better...!!! :lol: :guiness;

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

wallace wrote:Yes,Shane,they are on some auralex studio pads on my desk each side of my laptop jammed up to the wall. :roll: :grin:
Show us those jammed up JPW's then :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

wallace wrote:
Did you also block the port wallace or are they still reflex loaded?

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The man is a saleman FULL STOP his own representation of his history and how he bought Harbeth confirms this. I don't care what he did since as there are things about him and the company that puts my back up and obviously doesn't yours. 1. he has a closed mind 2. he doesn't use his ears (otherwise he wouldn't say all amp sound the same). 3/ he overprices and rips off his customers. 4/ the whole company ethos is based on marketing BBC design as though he owns it. 5/ he has a forum that does not allow non party line comment, and that allowed is ridiculed from a position of superior ignorance. 6/ there is NOTHING to commend this company to prospective customers apart from BULLSHIT.

You don't need to wait for Cubes. Again I challenge you Dave, just start by removing the wadding. Do it to a Harbeth if you can then come and tell us how clever the man is.

BTW I intended to insult the man because in my opinion he deserves it, he an objectivist pollutant on the industry who is sending new hobbyist on a line AWAY from the music.
Well, he & his forum certainly appear averse to subjectivists/subjectivism. Why would that be then I wonder?

My personal take on this is that it suggests quite strongly that nobody should trust their own ears :angry-steamingears:

Is that not in itself pure marketing, in the vein of... Look we (Harbeth) know best :lol: So, they know (via measurement) what's best for me in my room?

Sorry, but that's just complete :Bllocks: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Mr Shaw. From what I've heard - purely subjectivley of course :dance: is that my measuring instruments (EARS) tell me quite clearly that Doc knows best :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.