Loan Service

All things NVA
kazam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Loan Service

Unread post by kazam »

Well done Stemcor for stepping forward. I had a listen to this pair and was smacked of gob. They were effortlessly pleasing being driven by the new baby power amp in the Doc's workspace.

However a note of caution follows. Yesterday I was offered and accepted the Doc mod 303's 'on loan'. I now cannot see how I can ever part with them and given that no cost was discussed, I worry for my soul. Make sure you understand what is in question before you take them away..

Doc, I jest but clearly need to hang on to these to illustrate the Mod in question.. :pray:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Fretless wrote:In that case Doc -just send me a BMU !
I'll review it to Tokyo and back :lol: :lol: :lol:
You will have a lot of cost shipping back and forward and insuring to Netherlands.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Oh bother - I suppose I'll just have to buy one then. :grin:
(still saving).

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Unless you have absolutely perfect mains, I don't think you'll be disappointed ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

kazam wrote:Well done Stemcor for stepping forward. I had a listen to this pair and was smacked of gob. They were effortlessly pleasing being driven by the new baby power amp in the Doc's workspace.

However a note of caution follows. Yesterday I was offered and accepted the Doc mod 303's 'on loan'. I now cannot see how I can ever part with them and given that no cost was discussed, I worry for my soul. Make sure you understand what is in question before you take them away..

Doc, I jest but clearly need to hang on to these to illustrate the Mod in question.. :pray:
I can build more, but that is the point Doc Mods are a gift for anyone with even a little DIY skills to improve their speakers. There is a lot of steel in them and the new drivers and crossover and my time so they would have to be £400.00. They are at the same level as Cube 2 which are £900.00 apart from the extra that acrylic gives you (and it does) and the way a Cube drives the room acoustic, but for a standard front facing and driving medium size two way you wont find *anything* musically better.

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

They are certainly a huge step up from Edens and this is apparent with an AP10 and smart TV as a source. I always considered the Edens to be very hefty for their size, but Doc Mod plating is again on a completely different scale.

I'll try and expand further to your original post about these after a little more exposure. Driver doping will require a little more confidence on my part, but I'm eyeing up a couple of pairs of spare speakers for the full metal vest treatment as stage one.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

kazam wrote:They are certainly a huge step up from Edens and this is apparent with an AP10 and smart TV as a source. I always considered the Edens to be very hefty for their size, but Doc Mod plating is again on a completely different scale.

I'll try and expand further to your original post about these after a little more exposure. Driver doping will require a little more confidence on my part, but I'm eyeing up a couple of pairs of spare speakers for the full metal vest treatment as stage one.
Oh FFS shut up Kaz....I luv my wee Edens........Bog standard sublimity.......It's folk like you that make me want to fuk up great speakers (and I will - cause im fukin shit at DIY) Joe would spin in his grave.
:mrgreen:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

B&W 601's are about the same size Jammy, perfect for steel-lining and the drivers could be sold on.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This is obviously going to be a discussion thread so as items are loaned I or Kaz will do another thread that just tracks items out on loan.

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Apologies for drift, a new tracking thread will follow. I'm wondering if we are almost back into NVA Challenge territory in terms of description rather than loan service?

While very mild, I very much appreciate Jammy's affection and now feel part of this fine collective :mrgreen:

Joe was seemingly half way there, so there are potentially cheaper candidates as fresh donors. You can't be as bad as me at DIY Jammy, don't turn this into another challenge, as I'm ready to turn this into a DIY Disasters thread :auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance: :auto-ambulance: