turntable for £300

All general audio posts go here.
Caveman1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

turntable for £300

Unread post by Caveman1 »

Hi all,i have £300 to spend on a turntable now im not sure whether to go for a linn axis with akito arm or rega 3 or is there anything better that anyone can recommend ?

wallace

Re: turntable for £300

Unread post by wallace »

Squeezebox Touch,much better,plus you don't have to get off the sofa. :techie-hiding: :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Pro-ject make decent TT's that are good value.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Caveman1 wrote:Hi all,i have £300 to spend on a turntable now im not sure whether to go for a linn axis with akito arm or rega 3 or is there anything better that anyone can recommend ?
Just about anything ever made :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If you can go the extra £50 this is the best value on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-DP-900m ... Sw8-tWZWXM

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Rega's hold their value better, have dirt cheap spares and fantastic service if ever needed and with a Goldring 1042 in one, a Planar 3, *should* be a fine, musically entertaining and long lasting buy. Not so keen on Pro-jects as I don't think they perform in all ways, as well as the wide availability and hype would suggest.

I think the days of £300 Techie SL1210's has gone now but if you can possibly find a PL71 or Sony PS-6750, you'd be delighted I think. Loads and loads of others too on the used market of course, but tread carefully ;)

Re the Denon - the motor drives were superb, really excellent, but depending on the model, the plinth inside *may* need a turntable version of Doc mods :grin: - I don't know this one, but earlier Denon's had beautifully veneered thin-walled empty crates for plinths ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Caveman1
Great Britain

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Rega's hold their value better, have dirt cheap spares and fantastic service if ever needed and with a Goldring 1042 in one, a Planar 3, *should* be a fine, musically entertaining and long lasting buy. Not so keen on Pro-jects as I don't think they perform in all ways, as well as the wide availability and hype would suggest.

I think the days of £300 Techie SL1210's has gone now but if you can possibly find a PL71 or Sony PS-6750, you'd be delighted I think. Loads and loads of others too on the used market of course, but tread carefully ;)

Re the Denon - the motor drives were superb, really excellent, but depending on the model, the plinth inside *may* need a turntable version of Doc mods :grin: - I don't know this one, but earlier Denon's had beautifully veneered thin-walled empty crates for plinths ;)
Thank you for info that's very kind :grin:

Caveman1
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:If you can go the extra £50 this is the best value on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-DP-900m ... Sw8-tWZWXM
Thanks but it's pick up only i'm in Kent

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The way around that is to contact the seller and say you want the turntable can he pack it in two boxes (inner and outer) with the platter removed and plenty of bubble wrap, Then you book a collection through Interparcel.com and fully insure to value, they always pay out if damaged though it takes a month.

Collections go cheaper so you can get a bargain.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Rega don't even play at the right speed they are all fast, unless they have cured that flat earth stupidity.