Are HiFiDealers necessary?

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Are HiFiDealers necessary?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Again you are clutching at straws to try and maintain your argument. The are the SAME, just different hassles involved.

The status quo is changing while you are watching, little light bulbs are going off all over the place. The main problem is those who cannot admit they have been an eeediots to be taken in by it for so long, so reject it for ego sake.

The Real Professor
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by The Real Professor »

I am not clutching at straws, I'm not the one being absolutist, I am saying currently ALL avenues are valid depending on the customer, you are the one who said there is only one way, yet you also admit that for some this is a hassle, so which is it?

You may not want to admit it to yourself Richard, but it's clear for all to see that even you are having to modify your ideal model in order to cater to the current market, in reality what the internet has done for consumers if given them more choices, it's still not the only choice (might be one day) but in order to survive Business has to cater to what the customer wants, not like in the old days when the business could dictate, and a perfect example of that is you having to modify your business model to cater to an area of the market that isn't ready for buy/try/return/refund.

Wether customers are idiots or not is subjective, those businesses who can cater to all areas of the market wether bricks and mortar or online will be the successful ones. You as a small volume manufacturer may be happy to deal with customers direct, but you and I know many in the business who'd do well to keep well away from customers, their area of expertise is manufacturing, not public relations.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Enough! Please stop this crap or I will stop it for you it is wasting forum space with circular stupid arguments. You said "end of" a few post back please stick to it.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Again you are clutching at straws to try and maintain your argument. The are the SAME, just different hassles involved.

The status quo is changing while you are watching, little light bulbs are going off all over the place. The main problem is those who cannot admit they have been an eeediots to be taken in by it for so long, so reject it for ego sake.
My light bulb moment came when I started to do a bit of DIY and realised that I'd been ripped off at a dealers, essentially paying £30 in the nineties for what I later realised amounted to taking the lid off and replacing an internal fuse. Unfortunately I only started DIY about 6 or 7 years ago so I was in the dark up until then.

My local Hi Fi dealer charges £35 fee just to have an item looked by a local tech, whereas the local phone/TV shop charges £15 for the same service from the same tech.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

The Real Professor

Sorry i thought this was a discussion board, what are they for if not wasting bandwidth, I said I would end it, yet but it's Ok for you to raise the issue again with quotes about business closing and the world going online. It seems like I have to desist because i don't agree with you, but if you are going to stop discussions because you hold an entrenched view on one side of the argument it doesn't bode well for the progression of that discussion, as for arguments being circular, that takes two of us.

I haven't been rude or ad hominem have I?

You are right enough though Richard, best if I leave it here, its your forum and your rules, Good luck with your forum and business Richard.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Come on chaps...

Prof, you know you'll never win this argument here and this on the AOS thread too. (ADMIN EDIT - You see how it has now been used, think before you post) You've only just joined and the rest of us respect your opinions. It would be a crying shame if you left so soon ;)

Also, this is the AOS thread and this 'discussion' ought to have a separate thread, shouldn't it?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

The Real Professor

Dave, I did ask for the subject to be moved to it's own thread, I wasn't trying to 'win' anything, nearly argued the points presented, in a polite fashion I thought, if Richard hadn't argued back there would be no circular argument, (ADMIN EDIT - Removed as ad hominem and circular)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Since when are you admin or even a mod Dave. I will leave your comment up (EDIT now been removed) but it is ad hominem against me.

At a certain point where any argument has been repeated so many time as to be monotonous it is time to shut it down. When someone has lost an argument (ask DQ) it is completely pointless carrying it on saying the same thing, and any forum would stop it..

The Real Professor

ADMIN EDIT - repetitive circular argument, So removed, I warned you.

Come up with something new to argue and we will all listen.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Both sides of this argument have been expressed, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and............................................

So members can make up their minds who is right.

I will put up a Poll.