I love this place

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: I love this place

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You can post all the praise you want about Harbeth and the flat earth twins, or ANYTHING. I will comment but that is my right to express my opinion.

The time you get agg from me is if it looks like a shill campaign, but people know not to bring them here.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I ranted a lot back then because no one would listen to me, and many people were trying to stop the truth getting out there about our industry. I no longer feel like a lone voice.

PFM doesn't seem to fit your profile we have seen here, much too Linn Naim / flat earth dominated, with the converts to valves in constant battles with them.
I listened to you. Your LP12 vs affordable Japanese DD TT bake-off on pfm was a major factor in me moving on from my LP12 to an idler and DD.

To be fair to pfm, it's a broader church now than it was 10 years ago.

wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wallace »

Ha,I sneak a peek at pfm most days.I think it could be for the warm inner glow i get when i see what they are wasting their money on now.My naim days were doomed when i bought my first sound cord...After a few years of upgrade worry,it's so nice to be totally content with what i have now.... :angelic-blueglow: :happy-jumpgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Agree with the sentiments expressed. When I first posted on PFM I was shot down in flames and accused of being deaf, "pretentious first post" bla bla bla. All I did was comment on the increase in the price of the PL12 belt to £50, with a few home truths about how Linn have been ripping mugs off for decades.

The banning of prominent members of HFS from most other forums is a plus point in my opinion. There is so much bollocks around about hi-fi and this forum is a breath of fresh air. The forum also introduced me to NVA whom, in my ignorance, I had not heard of. The BMU and LS6 have totally transformed my system and are good value. Buying direct from the manufacturer, with a return option, seems to be the way to go in this day and age. Will have to consider NVA amps.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc