MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

In this case I am, if I have doubt as to the reality I will say so. If you think I am wrong show me, if I agree I will argue your point as mine from now on :mrgreen:

"Oooo I will do it" slime slime slurp slurp, and you saying it was available. I would have MUCH preferred to have it at non trade venue - no arterial motives. Where I am at fault is not coming to Owston.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

You seem to be asking me to show you that something didnt happen. All I can do is show what did happen which is this thread:

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=9&t=6938

I can't see anything there that fits what you describe. But I guess as Dave is by your definition guilty of what you say, anything he does to show enthusiasm for the day would be proof that you were right.

jayman67
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jayman67 »

Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Note how the name MCRU is now so recognised as toxic he has changed it to Brook Audio.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:32 pm You seem to be asking me to show you that something didnt happen. All I can do is show what did happen which is this thread:

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... f=9&t=6938

I can't see anything there that fits what you describe. But I guess as Dave is by your definition guilty of what you say, anything he does to show enthusiasm for the day would be proof that you were right.
It all started before that in the Owston thread.

Thermionic Idler

Unread post by Thermionic Idler »

Ah the great record cleaning fluid debate - in my experience you really don't need to pay thru the nose for flashy stuff. It's definitely worth investing in a decent cleaning machine if you've invested a significant sum in your cartridge (I swear by the Loricraft RCM, better than any slot cleaner and it doesn't deafen you) but I don't bother with the Art Du Son or whatever it is they sell - I made my own, following the London Jazz Collector recipe and it works perfectly. And Meredith (my wife) came up with her own recipe for her 78's - basically the same distilled water and wetting agent, but 1/10 white vinegar in place of the isoprop (never use isoprop alcohol on shellac).

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

https://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic. ... id#p126425 DQ's take on record cleaning fluid . ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am now organised to travel by train to anyone within sensible range (not Scotland) with Phono1, Phono2 (with one or two PSU), Phono3 (but only with two standard PSU).

Two things required 1/ at least 2 weeks advance notice so I can book cheap tickets on line, picking up and dropping off at local station. Because of pre booked tickets then no cancellation, be sure you can do it. 2/ eligibility - if you have a maybe purchase and want to compare with existing unit, or you wish to get a few around and do a bake-off.

I do not require sales, but will not refuse them :mrgreen: I will require a write up (good, bad, or indifferent) in the forum review section at HFS or Audio Talk.

I should be able to do the same with Integrated amp, and pre and power amps in the future and of course cables. What and number will be dictated by what can go in a large trolley suitcase.

Thermionic Idler

Unread post by Thermionic Idler »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am https://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic. ... id#p126425 DQ's take on record cleaning fluid . ;)
Aha nice! even cheaper than mine, first time I've seen baby shampoo as an ingredient.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

Yep I've used baby shampoo too, the best results I've had to date have been using triton X with distilled water,a good scub in the sink with warm water then vacuumed off and rinsed
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.