Netflix thoughts

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Netflix thoughts

Unread post by Nearlymusical »

Hi , just been catching up on "Better call Saul" - Breaking Bad Spin Off - On Netflix - brilliant any one else watching this ? :guiness;
( Netflix costs escalating I know, but still seems good VFM for me) ?
Aurender N100H > SoTM USB cable > Audio DG DI-20 (I2s out ) > Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable > PS audio Directstream DAC > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > Modwright 36.5 Pre > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > PS Audio M1200 Monoblocks > Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cable > Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrod speakers

Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Netflix thoughts

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Good series. I prefer Gomorrah. Everyone else in my family prefers Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

I watched the last episode of series 5 of Better Call Saul, next up Gomorrah, I watched the first 4 series before I went to Cambodia, now to catch up on the ones I've missed.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

Gomorrah is not on Netflix I believe. I'm waiting to watch the last series but it means subscribing to Now TV to watch it.

I've just finished the final series of Ozark on Netflix, a great series that seems to have flown under the radar somewhat.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

If they prefer Gomorrah, I say Sodom. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

Ive just cancelled my subscription, this thread made me curious as to when i last watched something so i looked and it was just over 8 months ago. So ive paid 77 quid for nothing.
Even more curious, i looked at amazon prime, that was last used at christmas 2020 to buy a new tree, nothing at all bought or watched since then. So 100 odd quid paid for nothing. So that got cancelled that too!
I must be strange watching or streaming so little tv
These users thanked the author Vinyl-ant for the post:
antonio66 (Fri May 06, 2022 4:18 am)
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Interesting I will start seeking Gomorrah ( in the non biblical sense)
BTW Better call Saul is now on series 6 - with that one episode added per week stichk , sigh . But hey its just like terrestrial when they do that :-?
These users thanked the author Nearlymusical for the post:
Aurender N100H > SoTM USB cable > Audio DG DI-20 (I2s out ) > Audioquest Carbon 48 HDMI cable > PS audio Directstream DAC > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > Modwright 36.5 Pre > Cardas Golden Cross XLR > PS Audio M1200 Monoblocks > Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cable > Meadowlark Kestrel Hotrod speakers

Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Also just to add - If any folks like Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad - check out "Your Honour" - pretty heart in mouth stuff

Nearlymusical
Great Britain

Hey - Vinyl-ant - if the value of the subscriptions I have were measured by my personal use then probably would also be in the same camp, however add in the usage of my step daughters( and their friends (guessing)) and if I cancelled their sense of being deprived it all adds up to being VFM - hey ho

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Via Cinema Paradiso, watched the first 2 episodes of House of Cards last night. The American Kevin Spacey version. Having watched the original British Ian Richardson version earlier this year.

As expected, the American version is a glossier production. The British version is better acted and better scripted in the areas where they differ. For example, in the original version the hungry young journalist cold calls him at home as their first interaction. In the US version, Francis sends her a suggestive captioned photo to break the ice and she then visits him.
So that in the UK version he's a sexual opportunist. In the US version a sexual predator.

I also watched Fboy Island, which I thought was reasonably well edited for this type of reality TV game show. There was some interest in observing how the contestants and 3 female protagonists behaved and the psychology behind them. In the last episode, there was a big reveal, that showed who were the most manipulative, least trustworthy and most annoying people involved in the show. I don't want to say who they were - spoilers. But I think it will be obvious to any right minded person that watches this.