HFS at The WAM Show 2020

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Lindsayt
VATICAN_CITY

Re: HFS at The WAM Show 2020

Unread post by Lindsayt »

My impression of the Cubes in the MCRU basement room was that they were offering a good compromise of cost - size - WAF - sound quality.

One of the listeners at that demo commented that he thought that the NVA Cubes had "no soundstage". He had been standing at the back of the room whilst doing his listening evaluation. I have no idea what he was going on about. So much so that the way he and I evaluate systems is so different that we have no common ground on which to have a meaningful discussion.

My impression of the NVA system featuring Cubes in the large meeting room at Scalford was that the system sounded fine for the price it cost.

The tonal balance was bass heavy in a lot of positions in the room - but that was something that could be easily largely sorted by changing where you were listening from.

A lot of the less charitable comments about the NVA room after that show were based on the bass heavy tonal balance. Making it one of those times when the criticism said more about the person doing the criticising than the thing being criticised.
These users thanked the author Lindsayt for the post:
savvypaul (Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm)

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:02 am I believe they also struggled with the very high ceilings (and large room) at Scalford, one year.

It was a post about this that caused me to doubt Cubes working in hotel rooms. I think it was from RD concerning someone who was interested in them. Although he was not impressed at the show RD arranged a home loan and he was very pleased about how they sounded in his room.
System NVA BMU, Cisco 2960G &; 2940, NA Eno, Sonore MicroRendu/MCRU PS, AQ JB, ifi iPurifier 3, Chord Mscaler, Chord Qutest/MCRU PS, NVA P90SA Mk2, NVA A80s Mk3, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS, DH Labs Mirage USB/Silver Sonic BNC & Cat 8 ethernet.
HP Grado SR 325e, Chord Mojo, AQ Carbon.
Analogue Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1.
Second System Topping E30, NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, AQ Carbon.
Out Beyerdynamic Avenha, AQ DF Red.

RIP Doc

nilsatisnisioptimum
Great Britain

Unread post by nilsatisnisioptimum »

savvypaul wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:32 pm
nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:47 pm I think I will make the effort, it would be a shame to pass up the chance after everything that's gone on
You're going to exhibit?
Apologies for delay, straight answer is no, if I go it will be my first time and I will be going to relax and see what it's all about
These users thanked the author nilsatisnisioptimum for the post:
savvypaul (Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am)
Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter, Rega Planar 8 with Apheta 3, LDA MCJ3 phono, NVA P90 SA MK2, FW Aleph J mono blocks, Cambridge Audio CXC, Denafrips Ares2 DAC, Meridian 204 FM tuner, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Cubix MMXXI & LS6

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I requested a refund on 28th March, by PM to the WAM owner, for the HFS rooms that we had booked for the cancelled 2020 show.

Apart from a reply berating me for complaining about a lack of communication...I've received no communication (and no indication of when he might pull his finger out and process the refund).

Buyer beware.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 am I requested a refund on 28th March, by PM to the WAM owner, for the HFS rooms that we had booked for the cancelled 2020 show.

Apart from a reply berating me for complaining about a lack of communication...I've received no communication (and no indication of when he might pull his finger out and process the refund).

Buyer beware.
Seems like Ryanair. :lol:
I know what it is like.
System NVA BMU, Cisco 2960G &; 2940, NA Eno, Sonore MicroRendu/MCRU PS, AQ JB, ifi iPurifier 3, Chord Mscaler, Chord Qutest/MCRU PS, NVA P90SA Mk2, NVA A80s Mk3, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS, DH Labs Mirage USB/Silver Sonic BNC & Cat 8 ethernet.
HP Grado SR 325e, Chord Mojo, AQ Carbon.
Analogue Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1.
Second System Topping E30, NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, AQ Carbon.
Out Beyerdynamic Avenha, AQ DF Red.

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

CN211276 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 pm
savvypaul wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 am I requested a refund on 28th March, by PM to the WAM owner, for the HFS rooms that we had booked for the cancelled 2020 show.

Buyer beware.
Seems like Ryanair. :lol:
I know what it is like.
Ryanair are belligerent.

The WAM owner is merely absent.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/