December Bake off near Preston

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
pgarrish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

December Bake off near Preston

Unread post by pgarrish »

Hi all,

I'm looking to have a bake-off at my place before Christmas. Room for around 15, a few of you on here may have been before via the Wam or AoS so you can comment on room/kit etc.

For now, I'd just like to gauge interest. Usual format is doors open from 10am, bring munchies for lunch and we get a take away from the local (very good) indian for tea around 6, then carry on until around 9 ish. I can cope with rips/downloads, CDs or vinyl. Some kit swapping, but mainly loads of music. I cant really put anyone up unfortunately unless you're desperate to kip on the sofa.

2nd or 16th December look favourite if people could let me know and I'll confirm. I'll be inviting a few regulars from the other fora so should be a good do! Postcode is pr46aj
Rega Planar / Teac T1 / Chromecast Audio - Teac TD1 DAC - Rotel RC850 - HHS500D or DACT passive - Mullard 5-20 Monos - Tannoy Cheviots + Wharfedale sub

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: December Bake off near Preston

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Are you going to theme it.

If I am allowed to attend I am up for it, or I can send what ever anyone wants to hear if available.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

If it's the 16th December then I would be interested. Unfortunately, due to work commitments the 2nd would be a non starter. I only live in Manchester so Preston is no problem for me.

Personally I'm interested in listening to anything, but in particular I want to hear a pair of Cubes in action. I no longer have a vinyl set-up and it's solely CD and streaming for me these days.

pgarrish

You're more than welcome.

No theme in mind unless people want something in particular. We can sort out kit nearer the time but I only have one room (but its a BIG room ! (25' x 35')) so if we're swapping kit, we're not playing music...
Rega Planar / Teac T1 / Chromecast Audio - Teac TD1 DAC - Rotel RC850 - HHS500D or DACT passive - Mullard 5-20 Monos - Tannoy Cheviots + Wharfedale sub

pgarrish

Billy, I'm in most thursday eves as well if you fancy popping up anyway, just drop me a PM to arrange

pgarrish

OK, confirmed for 2nd December (sorry Billy)

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Great idea I can meet you all and if Doc is going it would be great to meet him again.
It can be done so imagine it.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I can get down for the day. A sofa would be greatly appreciated as it will cost me a packet in fuel (South Scotland). I can bring anything from my signature plus any music you like.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

pgarrish wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 pm OK, confirmed for 2nd December (sorry Billy)

No problem, have fun. If I was coming I'd ask Kimangelis to bring along his Cube 2's. I've got my eye on a pair maybe, but not until in the New Year.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I can do that.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.