HFS at The WAM Show 2020

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Daniel Quinn

Re: HFS at The WAM Show 2020

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Lindsay you're a 50 odd year old bloke from the North of England I believe in good health. I don't think you're risk gets higher than minimal.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

There's 66 million people in the UK and there's about 400 cases of Covid-19, (at the moment). I don't think you've got too much chance of being in contact with someone who has it. For anyone that does contract it, for 4 out of 5 people the symptoms are fairly mild. Every one of the deaths has been old people and/or people with pre-existing health issues. We don't panic like this about FLU that happens every year and has almost as high a death rate.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / SME V / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 3 + 2X BBPSU - MEGA!, NVA TAS, NVA Cubix-Pro, (top & mid sections). (Oh and Richard's Sony CDP-X779ES, (if I can fix it), for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

zebbo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:20 pm There's 66 million people in the UK and there's about 400 cases of Covid-19, (at the moment). I don't think you've got too much chance of being in contact with someone who has it. For anyone that does contract it, for 4 out of 5 people the symptoms are fairly mild. Every one of the deaths has been old people and/or people with pre-existing health issues. We don't panic like this about FLU that happens every year and has almost as high a death rate.
That number will probably double every 1-2 days over the next couple of months.

Angela Merkel announced to the German parliament, today, that their health department anticipated a 70% infection rate: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51835856

The difference vs flu is that the vulnerable get flu jabs each year. There is no jab for CV.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Aye, but we're not the vulnerable ones. For 98% of people it's just the FLU.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / SME V / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 3 + 2X BBPSU - MEGA!, NVA TAS, NVA Cubix-Pro, (top & mid sections). (Oh and Richard's Sony CDP-X779ES, (if I can fix it), for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Some of my family and best friends would certainly be classed as vulnerable.

At the end of the day, each person must assess their own situation.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lindsayt
VATICAN_CITY

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 pm Lindsay you're a 50 odd year old bloke from the North of England I believe in good health. I don't think you're risk gets higher than minimal.
It's not me I'm worried about. My mum's 90 - with a few health issues that would put her in the high risk category.

Plus even if - as far as you know - you are in good health and young, there's something like a 0.25% to 0.5% chance that you will die from this.
I wouldn't want to play that type of Russian roulette with anyone in my family. OK it's a 200 to 400 barreled gun with 1 bullet in it. But even so.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Lindsayt wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:24 pm
Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 pm Lindsay you're a 50 odd year old bloke from the North of England I believe in good health. I don't think you're risk gets higher than minimal.
It's not me I'm worried about. My mum's 90 - with a few health issues that would put her in the high risk category.
Lindsay, you are so right to be cautious with regard to your mum.

I'd be of the same opinion as my Mums 93 with health issues.

Lindsayt
VATICAN_CITY

Unread post by Lindsayt »

zebbo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:20 pm There's 66 million people in the UK and there's about 400 cases of Covid-19, (at the moment). I don't think you've got too much chance of being in contact with someone who has it. For anyone that does contract it, for 4 out of 5 people the symptoms are fairly mild. Every one of the deaths has been old people and/or people with pre-existing health issues. We don't panic like this about FLU that happens every year and has almost as high a death rate.
It has a 2 week incubation period during which it is contagious.

Anyone reading this could have it already and not know about it.

Anyone at any public event could have it and not know about it.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Lindsayt wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 pm
It has a 2 week incubation period during which it is contagious.

Anyone reading this could have it already and not know about it.

Anyone at any public event could have it and not know about it.
Agreed 100%. The prudent action would be to cancel the show. People move in close proximity moving around rooms and it only takes one person unknowingly having the virus to spread it. Also many enthusiasts are of a certain age were this virus may have more serious consequences than to someone in their 20s or 30s. Italy went from a few hundred cases to many thousands within a couple of weeks.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I have three concerts coming up this month. One of them is Magnum and the band recently proclaimed f*** Cornovirus and the tour is going ahead although two of them are over 70. Yet to hear anything about the Fish and Who tours. I am concerned but will be going to the gigs if still on. We have no elderly favmily in close proximity.
System NVA BMU, Cisco 2960G &; 2940, NA Eno, Sonore MicroRendu/MCRU PS, AQ JB, ifi iPurifier 3, Chord Mscaler, Chord Qutest/MCRU PS, NVA P90SA Mk2, NVA A80s Mk3, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS, DH Labs Mirage USB/Silver Sonic BNC & Cat 8 ethernet.
HP Grado SR 325e, Chord Mojo, AQ Carbon.
Analogue Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1.
Second System Topping E30, NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, AQ Carbon.
Out Beyerdynamic Avenha, AQ DF Red.

RIP Doc