WAM show 2022 announcement

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
savvypaul
Great Britain

WAM show 2022 announcement

Unread post by savvypaul »

WAM admin has posted some promising news...

We are pleased to announce that we have made good progress with arrangements for the show and have selected a new (to us) hotel for the show.

Sorry for the late update but we have been haggling hard as well as trying to get the hotel to understand what we are all about.

The venue we have chosen is in the midlands and in a central location - chosen so other hotel options are easily available for visitors should they wish to stay over.

The 2022 Wam show will be on 1st and 2nd October with the traditional format: a Saturday set up, public visiting on the Sunday between 10 am and 5 pm. Sunday night is optional for the curry fans!

At present we plan on there being a cost per room plus cover for public liability insurance. Extras will be the Saturday evening dinner and Sunday / Monday breakfast all at a fixed cost per person, we will need to pre-book these near to the time but pricing will be very reasonable. Sorry, no cupcakes!

A draft contract has been shared between the 2 parties and we will be meeting with Rachel and Roo on Sunday 13th, if we are all happy a deposit will be paid to secure the booking and another more detailed announcement will be made then.

Hopefully, you appreciate that this has been a massive exercise by the team involving lots of calls, driving miles making a large number of visits and some tough negotiations. Our team has already visited the hotel, the 2nd time with Rachel and Roo and we believe it will suit members well, plus we are keen that the hotel will welcome us back next year.

Long live the Wam

The Show team
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Musicmadmaniam
Great Britain

Re: WAM show 2022 announcement

Unread post by Musicmadmaniam »

Thats great news, myself and a fellow hi fi nut used to love going to the show in Melton Mobray , just hope im off work then? Il let my friend know, also when will tickets be available? Thanks

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I have never been to any HiFi show but that's on this year's list along with the north west one.
These users thanked the author NSNO2021 for the post:
Lindsayt (Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:30 pm)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

We have a small fund available, from classified advert fees, to help toward room costs for any members who want to exhibit at The WAM show - doesn't need to be NVA gear.

Once we know how many are committed to exhibiting (comment on this thread), we will divvy the fund up.
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Hotel confirmed (and some other details) here: https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/thread ... ed.107313/
I am in the hi-fi trade