NEBO 13 Synthonia.

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Progmeister
Great Britain

NEBO 13 Synthonia.

Unread post by Progmeister »

This is a new thread to share information about NEBO 13 (North East Bake Off) which due to unfortunate circumstances could not be held at the previously arranged venue. It will now be held at the Billingham Synthonia club on Teesside (see details in the image below). Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information via the NEBO Facebook page (Messenger) or email me at stevep@progzilla.com
Please accept my profound apology for any inconvenience though necessary changes were brought about by matters beyond my control. For those who may need to rearrange accommodation there is a Premier Inn at Cole Lane, Wolviston which is only a short taxi ride away. Billingham Railway station is a ten minute walk and there is ample parking and easy loading facilities. I plan to visit and gather more information on Saturday 29th April and will post updates here and the NEBO Facebook page as i gather more facts. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from making the journey. NEBO has a history of adapting to new surroundings and rising to the challenges they present. Can i ask for another show of hands just so i have an idea of who will be coming and what equipment you intend to bring. See you down there!

These users thanked the author Progmeister for the post:
slinger (Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:43 pm)
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Re: NEBO 13 Synthonia.

A quick update gentlemen. I visited the Synthonia cricket club on 29:04:2023. I met with Norma who is the link person for the hiring of the room and facilities. I was joined by fellow Neboite Gordon Halftree to give a second opinion on the room. We both agreed that although it is on the large side we can work with it. The cricket club fulfils 80%-90% of our criteria which is more than we can expect given the short notice of having to find a new venue.
The Synthonia club like our previous venue doesn’t provide food so I intend to visit the surrounding area seek out food options like Pizza delivery, food shops, cafe’s etc. Norma has no problem with us taking in our own food. There looked to be a reasonable choice of ale and booze. Pumps for John Smiths, Bier Morreti, Strongbow cider (original and dark fruit) are available. We didn’t sample them on this occasion but the bars look well kept. Indeed, the club looks very well kept in general and well situated for music reproduction.
The car park will be locked overnight and Norma said she is willing to come in on Sunday morning to open the room to enable us to remove equipment left overnight. A very kind thing to do methinks. For those staying overnight in motorhomes there is limited space just outside the gates. For those wishing to leave their vehicles overnight the car park is monitored with CCTV hence those with motorhomes being asked to park off site as any movements may trigger alarms. Please keep your eyes peeled here for further updates.

Steve

Progmeister
Great Britain

A full synopsis of the day can be found here... http://theprogmeister.com/nebo-13-its-just-not-cricket/
These users thanked the author Progmeister for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Tue May 16, 2023 9:57 am) • Latteman (Wed May 17, 2023 8:18 am)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Well done, Steve. These things take a lot of organising.

Against my expectations, Sunderland did make the play-offs, so I was required to sing songs to 11 men on a field.

One day, I will get to NEBO.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Progmeister (Tue May 16, 2023 3:07 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/