NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
MarkWoody
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Anyone buy this? Nearly did myself but, being a 'prototype', wondered if it might be one with a dodgy past. Wasn't up very long anyway with a BIN price of £450.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-TSS-Dual- ... 7675.l2557

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I wish I had seen it I would have warned people about it. It has blown up at least once since I disowned it after the person I originally sold it to promised not to resell it. It has not been repaired by me !!! nor will it be if it happens again.

Also this a load of lying bollocks and misinformation and no where near reality, he is either trying to crook people or he is an idiot as he knows the real story. Disgraceful :x

"For sale is an NVA TSS Reference amplifier.

Due to the success of NVA amplifiers, NVA began to design their reference Statement Series, and this is the prototype of very first of these. In fact current TSS amplifiers have smaller toroidals to this one, this prototype has the same chassis and toroidals of the more expensive NVA TDS amplifier.

If you know NVA amplifiers you will know their incredibly clear, immediate, pin point timing, full bodied and controlled sound. I have had this amplifier for many years and it has always performed well. I have compared it to top of the line Naim, Classic Exposure and highly regarded valve amplification and always, without doubt come back to this amplifier."

Some body has wasted their money. My advice would be to take it back and get your money back.

"This amplifiers has also been fitted with a captive Mark Grant DSP 2.5 mains lead."

Even without the other history this modification means I will disown the amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Current mk3 TSS's have *TWICE* the transformer size and power supply of this TSS *MK2* prototype. The mk1 are the Chrome ones from the early 90's, this one was 2006 or 7.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This prototype has appeared again, this time on AoS being advertised by Ninanina :-?

At least she is telling it as it is that I have disowned it. Personally I wouldn't give £450 for it as it has been repaired by a third party and unless you know how it will go wrong again - so I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. The guy who bought it should have dumped it back on Sov and demanded his money back who should have have given it back to Alan Brown and demanded his money back as he should never have sold it as he had agreed.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

She should at least half the price. Obviously her friend has lost confidence in it and has realised the situation with this. But if it was me I would demand my money back from Mr Cadmium or threaten the idiot with violence.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

spacejay
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by spacejay »

i fleetingly thought about putting in an offer but as it has been mucked about with and justifiably disowned i thought the better of it. i know as well as anyone the price of buying kit that has a problem - some speakers i bought blew my amps up. just not worth the risk even if it appears to be a bargain

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I posted politely to say this unit had 'history,' but the post seems to have disappeared...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

That's the bugger that got me banned from Wigwam ! :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dave - What do you expect, they pretend to be there to give honest information and to show the truth, but in reality as soon as NVA is involved then the rules go out the window per usual. Why do you think everyone when they have a dodgy botch repaired prototype I should never have sold in the first place advertises it on AoS. The worst one was Uglymusic now we have this one which I am sure still has Sov behind it trying to sell it. It is simple - take it back to the guy who should never have sold it in the first place - Alan Brown and get your money back, and I will deal with him :twisted:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I've posted one last time and I don't think I've been contentious. Jerry was interested in this amp and was only put off because of its size I think.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...