Is this worth buying

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Is this worth buying

Unread post by CN211276 »

I think it has a lot to do with the room, particulary ceiling height. Cubes, both 1s and 3s are a revelation in my room. I think distance from the speakers also plays a part. My listening position is seven feet away with the Cubes being four and a half feet apart, as close to the back wall as possible allowing for the toe in.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Just popped on to the AA site. As for the Cube2 comments, well to be fair after the original hard hitting criticism I think overall theme softened to they are room fussy.

ADMIN EDIT - removed ad-hominem toward members of another forum.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Don't you be calling me a dogmatic loudmouth, there's a good chap. :grin:
I enjoy the AA forum. :dance:

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

👍 that's good and I am sure if I had given it more time I would have found some good stuff but when you get broad brush statements like "all thin cables are crap" I lost the will to search any further. I have opened up a few fat cables to find the actual wire content/gauge to be tiny but visually they looked huge and powerful 🤭
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Work out who to take notice of and who to ignore. An evidence based approach is recommended. The person with the most opinions is not necessarily the person with the most genuine knowledge or experience or, even, honesty.

Regarding speaker cable thickness, I think many people do buy with their eyes. Assuming standard lengths and reasonably efficient speakers, then, beyond a certain point, 'extra gauge' is not needed.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

savvypaul wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:27 pm Regarding speaker cable thickness, I think many people do buy with their eyes. Assuming standard lengths and reasonably efficient speakers, then, beyond a certain point, 'extra gauge' is not needed.
Many people, some of whom should know better, think that a high power amplifier means thick cables. A 160W amplifier driving a nominal 8Ω speaker will deliver something under 5A at full power. Which doesn't exactly require large cables! Obviously there is much more to it than that but the simple maths does demonstrate that excessively large cables aren't needed, of course if you can hear a difference feel free, its your money.