Hi end Nva for £1599 anyone

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Re: Hi end Nva for £1599 anyone

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:34 pm Apart from the original poster, I find myself asking Why.
Why should it bother any one what the seller is asking for, no matter what they paid for it or how they obtained it(as long as it was legal)
Why would it be Blatant opportunism when when reviews are sought hoping to drive up interest.
Why would ,when and were it was produced cause so much concern.
At worst these items are overpriced, at best they are RD products and as such are the essence of NVA.
Why when quite a few people here benefited and stand witness to those products would it be a problem.
The market, as always decides value.
I too agree with your last paragraph.

My issue with the others is that Where and when these items were produced is of some importance because the seller/s must know that they need to be completely accurate in their descriptions of the product they are selling. To some extent what the seller/s paid for them matters because it could be considered an inaccuracy in the description. This isn't so much my opinion but, I gather, a requirement.

Of course if the descriptions are completely accurate there is no problem.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post (total 2):
Ordinaryman (Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:19 pm) • Lindsayt (Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 pm)

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Thank you, but ebay does not require you to give validation of original purchase, or for them to be entirely accurate? As I have found.
Hence 30day refund, unless the seller has opted out?
By the way I have sold things on ebay with no idea of when and where they were produced, or the price I paid.
I did however sell a aro tone arm and supplied my original invoice, the purchaser didn't appear to be put off.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Markets only work with perfect knowledge of the buyer and seller.

What the seller paid for an item is crucial knowledge.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Latteman (Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:55 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 pm ebay does not require you to give validation of original purchase,
Correct
Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 pm or for them to be entirely accurate? As I have found.
Not entirely accurate, or quite some way off accurate, would be alright? I don't think that will be eBay's intention. But eBay is not able to check millions of listings, so sellers do get away with misinformation and errors (accidental or otherwise).
Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:35 pm Hence 30day refund, unless the seller has opted out?
There is no requirement for private sellers to accept returns, unless they explicitly state that they will. eBay provide some sort of money back guarantee but it is open to their interpretation.

I often get PMs (and emails) asking me if 2nd hand NVA items being sold on eBay are a good buy / what spec they are / if the price seems fair. Most times I just give them the basics (likely made circa xxxx, likely got x,y & z inside, likely the first owner paid around £xxx) and an idea of what the likely costs are if repairs are required. I normally advise that value for 2nd hand items is what someone will pay and you must make your own decision. However, when I think something is 'off the chart' (as my kids would say), then I will say so. They were bothered enough to have asked. None have asked me why I bothered to answer.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:31 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

DQ which markets.
homes.
cars.
Cooker?
Savvy, the option is there. Does it work, I don't know never had cause to use it.
Then why do you bother, if they don't thank you, pay homage. Let it go.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm Savvy, the option is there. Does it work, I don't know never had cause to use it.
What option?
Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm Then why do you bother, if they don't thank you, pay homage. Let it go.
They do thank me (not that it is required).

What are you proposing I 'let go'?
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:02 pm sellers do get away with misinformation and errors (accidental or otherwise).
You can say that again. I recently bought what was described as an Amazon Fire charger and the bloody thing did not fit. Because of the low cost I could not be arsed with the return. What annoys me is that you cannot give negative feedback. Because sellers receive kid glove treatment I wont buy anything of high value on ebay.
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Whilst there there is no obligation to the seller. ebay state a 30day return on most items, there interpretations of this I am not sure.. Same as nva . I believe, If dismiss ebay should I also dismiss nva
Let go of "no body asked me why I bothered to answer" sounds personal. just my opinion.
How this got from an ad on ebay is beyond me.
So, I will retire.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:43 pm Whilst there there is no obligation to the seller. ebay state a 30day return on most items, there interpretations of this I am not sure.. Same as nva . I believe, If dismiss ebay should I also dismiss nva
NVA policy is that you can return an item for any reason within 30 days, without question. The eBay money back guarantee is a different thing. The comparison is not like for like.
Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:43 pm Let go of "no body asked me why I bothered to answer" sounds personal. just my opinion.
I was linking to your earlier post that asked why anyone bothered caring about such information. My point was that people are bothered to find out these things.
Ordinaryman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:43 pm How this got from an ad on ebay is beyond me.
We got here as a result of what you posted, I think.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

I didn't start the post .Just made a comment.
Why you would comment on your own personal pms and emails with regard to the original post is beyond me.
None of which address the question, .Imo
As I said I'm off now to listen to some stuff.
Enjoy your evening. :guiness;