Stepped attenuators

A place for DIY project discussions.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Stepped attenuators

Unread post by karatestu »

Replaced the 200R in shunt position to RC55y 604R and now were are cooking. Listening to Santana and the level is about where I would normally listen (casually). That corresponds to between steps 12 & 13 with 10K in series. 200R was between steps 9 and 10. I will try a CD with more level and see if it is too much.
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Bob Marley Legend is pushing it a bit with the volume - a bit too much for me but I am enjoying it VERY much all the same.

Da bass is awesome man :happy-smileyflower: :obscene-smokingjoint: :obscene-smokingjoint: :obscene-smokingjoint: :happy-smileyflower:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Where is that 6 pole switch you were going wire. It may end up that is all you need.

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm Where is that 6 pole switch you were going wire. It may end that is all you need.
I am looking at it right now. :geek: Les W gave me it last time I went over.

Working out the lower volume and upper volume resistor values is going to be a doddle with one source but when I get the turntable and phono1 going the upper resistor value may need to be higher.

Suck it and see, I can always change them later when the vinyl source is up and running properly.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Treat it as a temp. Those plastic 6 ways are not so good for that job, OK for source switching. Do a proper jobby later. Anyway this system will *never* be finished, if it is you will strip it down and start again :lol: :lol:

:epopc:

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:01 pm Treat it as a temp. Those plastic 6 ways are not so good for that job, OK for source switching. Do a proper jobby later. Anyway this system will *never* be finished, if it is you will strip it down and start again :lol: :lol:

:epopc:
Ok will treat it as temporary.

Yes you are probably right, it will never be finished. It would be good to take it home though. But then i would have to build a system to keep at work :dance: :dance: I just love building things, learning and discovering stuff.
DIY FREE ZONE