4 way Frankenstein high efficiency speakers

A place for DIY project discussions.
Docfoster
Wales

Re: 4 way Frankenstein high efficiency speakers

Unread post by Docfoster »

Lindsayt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:23 pm The link to Willys is useful. As well as the Monacor or Mundorf recomendation.

When the time comes I'll be getting my head round the different types of crossover components. EG do bipolar capacitors have large mood swings? :obscene-hanged:
Not if the system is powered by lithium batteries.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > whatever speakers I've dragged out of the loft.

Vinyl-ant
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

My wife had bipolar disorder diagnosed 3 years ago. She has had it all her life
What she has been through over the years with this condition is beyond the comprehension of someone who doesn't have it

It is no fucking laughing matter. Bear that in mind next time a joke related to mental health is on the tip of the tongue and remember that there are people on the other end of your 'joke'

Its not fucking funny in the slightest. Would you take the piss if someone had autism, cerebal palsy, et cetera? No you wouldn't.
I am (barely....) in the hi-fi trade
Company Name bte designs
Www.bte-designs.weebly.com

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

Vinyl-ant wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:19 pm My wife had bipolar disorder diagnosed 3 years ago. She has had it all her life
What she has been through over the years with this condition is beyond the comprehension of someone who doesn't have it

It is no fucking laughing matter. Bear that in mind next time a joke related to mental health is on the tip of the tongue and remember that there are people on the other end of your 'joke'

Its not fucking funny in the slightest. Would you take the piss if someone had autism, cerebal palsy, et cetera? No you wouldn't.
Ant,
You sound furious and upset.
I hope that since her diagnosis your wife has received some helpful treatment.
I wish her nothing but the best.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > whatever speakers I've dragged out of the loft.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

As somebody who as become disabled, I don't expect people to take my sensibilities into account when making jokes.

Im afraid finding the bipolar jokes unfunny says more about you than those that told them. And I say this with a family member who is bipolar.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:46 am)

Lindsayt
VATICAN_CITY

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Vinyl-ant wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:19 pm My wife had bipolar disorder diagnosed 3 years ago. She has had it all her life

I know bipolar people too.

The joke was at the expense of some capacitors. I don't think they will be offended.

And point noted. I won't be making any more bipolar jokes on this forum.
From now on in this thread I'll concentrate on the non-serious matter of my somewhat stupid speaker creation.