LP12

A place for DIY project discussions.
Alfi
Wales

Re: LP12

Unread post by Alfi »

karatestu wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:07 pm
Alfi wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:00 pm I shielded my Phono 2 completely with copper guitar shielding tape. I found it made little difference, so I removed it all and now keep the poxy mobile phone out of my listening room - much better! :grin:
Hello John :dance:

I wish I could stop all this mobile phone and WiFi malarkey but I've got two kids who are bloody attached to one device or another.

My hifi is at the family farm and there is no WiFi router here just 4G mobile. I hate to think what happens when I finally get it home.

Loving your in soles by the way :guiness; Best thing to happen to a LP12 in 50 years.
Hello Stu.

I know the feeling almost everyone is smitten with mobile tech these days! I hate the bloody things but they can be handy on times.
All this tech is just the elites way of entrapping us plebs into conducting our business in the way they want so as to keep tabs on where we are, what we buy etc. :evil:

Glad to hear you like the In Soles! :clap: That's you and many hundreds of LP12 owners - the ones not averse or afraid to try something else other than Linn "upgrades" :hand:

Best wishes.

John.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 am
antonio66 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:27 am Well that's a surprise, never thought your LP12 would see the light of day again. :grin:
Maybe when you purchased the Rubicon you never received longer bolts and a washer?
Look forward to your thoughts when you get the Aro and Argo fitted, and if you don't like it get it up for sale, must be worth £2k plus, and you could grab one of those Technics at £999.
I hate selling things because I find the process really stressful and end up under valuing everything. I am from a Yorkshire Farming family who's favourite saying is "it cost how much ?" :grin:

It took a bit work to get the accumulated dust off the bloody thing. The Naim Aro mounting isn't ideal and I don't know if my washer compromises anything. It seems very sturdy but you (I) always get little voices chipping away at the back of my head that something is not optimum. The Aro when mounted on the wood composite Linn armboard was tightened so much it made an impression on both sides. Must have been recommended to do it up Linn tight :lol: it came off easy enough though.

Who knows what this thing is going to sound like, it's a bit of a Franken deck. As ever there are opinions on these decks which are as wide apart as the North and South poles and that is before you start chucking third party parts at it. There will be NO MORE money spent on this deck apart from oil, a new mat and a belt ( no, not a £50 Linn belt :naughty: ).

I really am hoping that these Anologue Innovation in sole spring replacements are a game changer and enable me to enjoy all my records not just a select few although looking back I don't remember ever disliking the music I was presented with. I think I am again in the position of making it sound the best I can with what I already have available to me. Any tweaks and mods will be done in a way that can be reversed and the deck can go back to stock if needs be (for sale purposes).
Gone a bit quiet here. Stu, how are things progressing?
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Nothing happening to be honest. My cdp is playing up, amp is not happy and I'm in one of them moods with the whole thing where it is likely to be smashed to bits with a sledge hammer.

Thanks for asking though
These users thanked the author karatestu for the post:
CN211276 (Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:14 pm)
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

karatestu wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:36 pm I'm in one of them moods with the whole thing where it is likely to be smashed to bits with a sledge hammer.

RD will be smiling on you from above. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

CN211276 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:16 pm
karatestu wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:36 pm I'm in one of them moods with the whole thing where it is likely to be smashed to bits with a sledge hammer.

RD will be smiling on you from above. :lol:
Laughing probably
DIY FREE ZONE

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

An LP12 - more than any component I know - is very likely to induce audio based neurosis due to the infinite number of tweaks and changes that are possible due to its modular design.

Great it you like tweaking/ audio neurosis but if you want the simple life part it out and sell it for good money. A well sorted Technics (or Rega if you like belts) will allow you to sit back, relax and enjoy your records.
These users thanked the author Copperblue for the post:
Latteman (Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:18 pm)
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s