CUBIX 12 PRO £16000
CUBIX 8 PRO £12000
CUBIX 12 £5000
CUBIX 8 £3500.00
CUBE 1 £1600.00
CUBE 2 £1100.00
CUBE 3 £600.00
CUBETTE £300.00

I have been away this last week getting a little sun and Vermut in Costa del Sol, and often when I am away from the day to day work my brain starts to work on new things. I have said before I have a very strange brain that I didn't think I had until I realised no one else seemed to be able to do it. I visualise, like running a program / film in my head, and I design, I can lay out boards, design cases or speakers and I can put the designs straight into production. Also I am so experienced with my drivers and my doping techniques I can largely do what I want.

ANYWAY, as I said I had already done a case redesign for Cubes 1 and 2 and 3 and they will be along soon. Neater cases as the fit between panels is much better so the side cheeks are no longer needed to cover up the available thick plate acrylics tendency to not have consistent thickness as it is caste, for example the 20mm plate we used had a variation 0.5mm up or down so 1mm overall. The raised side cheeks hid this. No change in SQ.

SO my new work has been on the CUBIX and CUBIX PRO. I have been wanting to use the 12 inch driver we have on our Doc Mod driver list in the Cubes, so now I am going to. So CUBIX now is CUBIX 8 or CUBIX 12 for 8 or 12 inch bass drivers (two in isobaric config). CUBIX PRO is a complete redesign, it will be max 2 units instead of max three units and will only be sold that way, no longer modular. There will be a third cube but that will now be the amplifiers and power supplies, so no external power supplies required, this will be the bottom of the three cubes which will be floor mount. This is done for both the 12 and the 8.

I am so happy with the speakers now you will find us promoting them more and more as they are a bargain, WAF and Point and Squirt killers by a very big margin, I have heard NOTHING as good price for price and relative size from any other manufacturer. Note NVA speaker don't get returned, yet they are the thing most customers are suspicious of, yet when they get them they love them. There are two DIY home builds out there I have heard that come near (difficult to judge unless side by side) for their size, but no commercial product.

Latteman
Great Britain

Re: New Speakers

Unread post by Latteman »

Exciting 👍🏼
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

So do the 12" isobaric cubix have a mid range driver or just 12" and tweeter ?
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The bass/mid driver from the Cube3 will be there as well. You will be able to decide if you want to side fire or front fire it in the Pro (just rotate that cabinet), the 8 will have front and side fire tweeter.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I really like the idea of the power supplies being in the bottom box, much neater.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There is no reason why there cannot be a 12 inch driver single cube, it will just be rather big and square (38cm cube), and it can't be called Cube1 as that name is taken, how about BBCube (bigbastardcube). Just thinking out loud as once mi brain gets on it it is hard to stop variations appearing in it, it was the same with the amps, basic idea extended and destended.

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

WBBC- well ‘bastard big’ cube
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks