The Cube Club

All things NVA
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: The Cube Club

Unread post by terrybooth »

CN211276 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 pm We are in the process of having wall brackets fitted to hold a new tv and have discovered that the wall cavity is a lot wider than in most houses. I believe this was probably to accomodate an air central heating system which we replaced with gas when moving in. I am intrigued as to what effect this is having on the sound of the Cubes as it would seem that more low frequencies are being absorbed by the wall, instead of reflected, as would be the case with a more conventional wall design. I have no issues as there is plenty of bass depth, excellent definition and no over hang. As the speakers are as close to the wall as possible, taking into account the toe in, I was concerned that the upgrade from Cube 3s to 1s could be problematic, but this was not the case. I am wondering if the size of the cavity is a factor.
I doubt that. I have my main system against a wood wall that has a passage behind it.
I have the second system with Cubes (Cube 2s) either side of an old bit of furniture against a chimney breast.
I have the third set (cubettes) against a solid wall.

The character of the music is very much the same.

Cubes work as a box in a box, in this case (as in my wooden wall with the passage behind) I think the first wall is the limit of the box.

However, I stand to be corrected.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: The Cube Club

Unread post by karatestu »

Terry, you only need Cube1 and Cube3 for a full set :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE