May the Cube2 be with you ..... too !

All things NVA
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: May the Cube2 be with you ..... too !

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Fretless wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 am The old Cube3's had been raised an extra 25cm with breeze-blocks under the stands and I have taken these away.
Dramatic improvement in the acoustic field of the Cube2's with a massive, tactile bass that you can feel even at relatively low volumes. Overall imaging is better as well.

You know things are running well when you close your eyes and can't work out where the speakers actually are.
:music-listening: :music-listen: :music-listening:
what are you using for stands?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Foundation stands from the mid 80's. Single metal column filled with sand/lead shot. Spikes under.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

I use Atacama SE24 stands which stand on some plinths made from walnut worktop offcuts. I have Docs washing machine feet between the stands and the speakers and I could still do with the tweeters raising a couple of inches. I might go with some 40mm chopping boards attached to the top of the stands to give the increased height and wider footprint for the feet.

I'll definitely be doing a review when I get the chance Doc.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

And then the question arises - what to do with the vintage Cube3? Tried swapping them for the Doc-modded Mission 760's on my work-desk but found that the small Cubes weren't (for me) really suited to nearfield positioning and need more breathing-space to work their magic.

So into a reserve system in the bedroom with Sansui AU217 amp and NAD CD524 CD-player. Beautiful! A lovely relaxing sound ideal for snoozing off too or reading a book / having a think. Perfect. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ