LS7 revisited

All things NVA
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

LS7 revisited

Unread post by TheMadMick »

I posted my 1st review quite a while ago and I was impressed with this cable. Now it's run for a time, I'm even more impressed. Whether that's because I've learned how to get the best out of my system or a real improvement I'm not certain.

The most obvious improvement is in the bass response. It is even more articulate and has greater weight than ever - it was never lacking anyway. The top seems smoother and more articulate as well. Imaging is to die for on the right recording. It's the old cry "removing veils".

It's difficult to express how surprised I am. I have spent years and lots of £ on cables but nothing has come close to TIS / LS7 - and I've had some really expensive and unusual cables in my time. Looks like I've found system synergy and I trust the P50, A80 change will only improve this.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: LS7 revisited

Unread post by karatestu »

What did you have immediately before the LS7 ?

Doc designed some seriously good cables. :dance: But cables can't possibly make a difference can they (according to some) :roll:
DIY FREE ZONE

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Atlas Mavros and it is a seriously good cable. I've also had LS6 but it didn't suit my set up.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I have LS6 and it is the most expensive and best sounding cable i have ever had. Not had that many to be fair though.

So LS7 is not the most expensive you have had ? Just goes to show cost is not a reliable indicator of performance.
DIY FREE ZONE

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Can only 100% endorse themadmicks above comments. Having switched from LS6 a seriously good cable to LS7 about 6 months ago there is no going back. It provides a completeness to the music in every way. Staging, musical information, emotion, tone , bass and treble all in one package. Expensive yes but for me it easily as good if not better than an equal cost upgrade in hardware.
I also have a nearly complete TIS interconnect set as well so the NVA synergy is all there especially given that TIS and LS7 are basically the same cable I believe.
I recall Richard commenting a few times in posts that even a humble A20/P20 combo with LS7/‘Tis was all you needed from a NVA system.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Totally agree with the above. LS7 and TIS should be considered major components. I found a complete TIS connection between DAC and mono blocks was a big step up from TIS from DAC to pre amp and SSP2 from pre amp to mono blocks. LS6 and SSP2 are excellent, but to my ears the top of the range adds a lot more and is worth it.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

I never experimented much with speaker cables, my old 80's model NVA A40 stereo amp DID NOT like the 200-strand Monster Cable I tried it with for a while. For many years I had runs of 2mm solid-core mains wire and that worked fine.

Before RD reactivated NVA I had contacted Jenving in Sweden who make the highly-regarded Supra cables. Told them about the capacitance issues with my old amp and they recommended their Classic 4.0 speaker lead
Not at all expensive and has sounded very pleasant with that amp ever since. Even better when you separate the two halves of the cable and put a little space in between.

Updating my main rig to monoblock A40's and taking heed of Richard's insistence that only proper NVA speaker cables be used, I installed LS5 and that sounded great, then LS6 which really sounded better. LS7/TIS is on my 'when funds allow' list.

The LS5 is currently in the office system between the big Kenwood amp and Doc-mod Mission 760's. Nice, clear, punchy SQ there. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450