New names and numbers for NVA Power Amplifiers - discussion thread

All things NVA
Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: New names and numbers for NVA Power Amplifiers - discussion thread

Unread post by Ithilstone »

kazam wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am Scrying is the practice of looking into a suitable medium in the hope of detecting significant messages or visions.

Practitioners apply the process until they achieve a satisfactory state of perception in which rich visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the medium itself, or in the minds eye of the scryer.

The medium most commonly used in scrying are reflective, refractive, translucent or luminescent surfaces or objects such as crystals, stones or glass in various stages such as crystal balls, mirrors or REFLECTIVE BLACK SURFACES.

A20= Obsidian. A dark volcanic glass deployed as a medium to detect messages or visions.

A60, A70, A80= Second Sight- the capacity to see things that can't usually be perceived through our five senses.
Nothing mystic about NVA so not a good match I think
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I've been living with the S80 Model Worker amp (and a prototype set of 'Model Worker Monoblocks' that Tomasz built me) for the past few weeks. They are wonderful amps. The lift from 50va to 80va gives them added grunt and texture - I've seen phrases like 'more bass' and 'more body to vocals' being stated in reviews here. They are also brilliantly musical. Addictive, in fact. Partner with high efficiency speakers and you will be amazed.

Ironic, then, that at least one member here who was able to buy the amp at the ridiculous 'forum special' price of £295 is so negative about our efforts to promote this fabulous model. I wonder why we bothered...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am Ironic, then, that at least one member here who was able to buy the amp at the ridiculous 'forum special' price of £295 is so negative about our efforts to promote this fabulous model. I wonder why we bothered...
I suppose part of the problem is that it's become a discussion. If it had just left it as an announcement subsequent member views would not have been aired but not legitimised.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Berty bass wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am Ironic, then, that at least one member here who was able to buy the amp at the ridiculous 'forum special' price of £295 is so negative about our efforts to promote this fabulous model. I wonder why we bothered...
I suppose part of the problem is that it's become a discussion. If it had just left it as an announcement subsequent member views would not have been aired but not legitimised.
I wanted a discussion. I started this thread (after I trimmed the announcement thread) and called this 'a discussion thread'. I'm not complaining about the principle of discussion, I'm lamenting the ability of some, who were happy to benefit from our determination to help forum members, to then publicly snipe and whine about a name.
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Berty bass wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 am
savvypaul wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:29 pm If NVA is not going to use dealers, then it needs to work ten times as hard to communicate it's values and personality. That's why names are important...
Just a thought but, as NVA presently rely exclusively on word of mouth to publicise the excellence of their products and raise the profile of the brand it seems to me at least partly helpful that the mouths that are expected to do this are comfortable with the words they will be using. On this basis alone it might be sensible to give the matter more thought. The bones of contention - names-wise - appear to be 'Model Worker' with many, I feel, uncomfortable with the political/ideological associations perhaps, or maybe just the slight awkwardness of how they sound. With that in mind how about simply dumping Model and just going with 'Worker'? Still communicates the utilitarian nature of the range whilst avoiding the somewhat 'one out, all out' connotations.
Reference to the Model Worker programmes in Russia and China is a tongue-in-cheek channelling of the principle of dedication to increased productivity. This makes me a dangerous ideologist? Mmmm...that sounds good ;)
I am in the hi-fi trade

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 am
I wanted a discussion. I started this thread (after I trimmed the announcement thread) and called this 'a discussion thread'. I'm not complaining about the principle of discussion, I'm lamenting the ability of some, who were happy to benefit from our determination to help forum members, to then publicly snipe and whine about a name.
I'm disappointed, and a little saddened, that you felt the need to post that Paul.

If no one thinks your amp names are suitable, then that should tell you something. Or just go ahead with your plan and ignore the combined opinions of those (mainly) loyal fans who have made NVA what it is today.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

We love loyal fans...but who here in the past 3 years (other than Paul) has organised a bake-off with their NVA gear? We shipped ten of the £295 Model Worker amps to members here. We got one review.

Just sayin'
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am I've been living with the S80 Model Worker amp (and a prototype set of 'Model Worker Monoblocks' that Tomasz built me) for the past few weeks. They are wonderful amps. The lift from 50va to 80va gives them added grunt and texture - I've seen phrases like 'more bass' and 'more body to vocals' being stated in reviews here. They are also brilliantly musical. Addictive, in fact. Partner with high efficiency speakers and you will be amazed.

Ironic, then, that at least one member here who was able to buy the amp at the ridiculous 'forum special' price of £295 is so negative about our efforts to promote this fabulous model. I wonder why we bothered...
It's your high and mighty know it all attitude that bothers me more. Ever heard of 'the customers always right' If you have no intention of changing the name and reject all suggestions why start this discussion in the first place? The amp is a bloody good product and doing a great job in my office system so why spoil a good thing with a stupid mouth full of a name? I would actually go along with the suggestion of 'Worker'. A product should have a catchy one word name if you want to get away from a series of letters and numbers. Sorry to be so blunt but I'm telling how it is in the tradition of RD. Disagreeing is not being negative. People here disagree because they are passionate about NVA product not to be a thorn in your side. I have respect for what you are doing but rebranding an established product needs some long consideration.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Classicrock wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:19 am
savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am I've been living with the S80 Model Worker amp (and a prototype set of 'Model Worker Monoblocks' that Tomasz built me) for the past few weeks. They are wonderful amps. The lift from 50va to 80va gives them added grunt and texture - I've seen phrases like 'more bass' and 'more body to vocals' being stated in reviews here. They are also brilliantly musical. Addictive, in fact. Partner with high efficiency speakers and you will be amazed.

It's your high and mighty know it all attitude that bothers me more. Ever heard of 'the customers always right' If you have no intention of changing the name and reject all suggestions why start this discussion in the first place? The amp is a bloody good product and doing a great job in my office system so why spoil a good thing with a stupid mouth full of a name? I would actually go along with the suggestion of 'Worker'. A product should have a catchy one word name if you want to get away from a series of letters and numbers. Sorry to be so blunt but I'm telling how it is in the tradition of RD. Disagreeing is not being negative. People here disagree because they are passionate about NVA product not to be a thorn in your side. I have respect for what you are doing but rebranding an established product needs some long consideration.
Ah...a review
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Ithilstone wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:16 am We love loyal fans...but who here in the past 3 years (other than Paul) has organised a bake-off with their NVA gear? We shipped ten of the £295 Model Worker amps to members here. We got one review.

Just sayin'
And there were no volunteers for the WAM show that was scheduled for March...
I am in the hi-fi trade