It's Arrived!

All things NVA
DaveyTed
Great Britain

It's Arrived!

Unread post by DaveyTed »

My starter system arrived today - much sooner than the estimated time when ordered and a further week earlier than Paul quoted last week. All credit for the speedy delivery and the prompt email replies to my queries.
The system is "running in" as I write but I am already impressed. I had concerns about wether the power would be enough but it actually seems more potent than the 50watt class A it replaced - less volume rotation needed and the same Alps pot value.
The difference between my turntable built in phono preamp and the Sonneteer I am trying is more noticeable than before.
All in all, another very satisfied convert.
These users thanked the author DaveyTed for the post (total 9):
Fretless (Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 pm) • CycleCoach (Wed May 05, 2021 8:09 pm) • Latteman (Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm) • slinger (Wed May 05, 2021 8:23 pm) • CN211276 (Wed May 05, 2021 8:25 pm) • savvypaul (Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 pm) • antonio66 (Thu May 06, 2021 1:54 am) • karatestu (Thu May 06, 2021 6:39 am) • Ithilstone (Thu May 06, 2021 2:18 pm)

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: It's Arrived!

Unread post by slinger »

One of us. One of us. One of us... :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
CycleCoach (Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Pleased you're enjoying your first taste of NVA, you'll be asking for seconds.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

DaveyTed wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:43 pm My starter system arrived today - much sooner than the estimated time when ordered and a further week earlier than Paul quoted last week. All credit for the speedy delivery and the prompt email replies to my queries.
The system is "running in" as I write but I am already impressed. I had concerns about wether the power would be enough but it actually seems more potent than the 50watt class A it replaced - less volume rotation needed and the same Alps pot value.
The difference between my turntable built in phono preamp and the Sonneteer I am trying is more noticeable than before.
All in all, another very satisfied convert.
What is the Class A amp you have been using ? (If you don't mind me asking).

My nva based diy effort replaced diy Avondale Voyagers and no looking back. I have a NVA amp board six pack, possibly the only one here to have a six pack (I like them that much). Savvy liked NVA so much he bought the company :grin:

I hope you enjoy the detailed, involving, non fatiguing and no nonsense sound.
DIY FREE ZONE

DaveyTed
Great Britain

Karatestu:
Class A amp was a Pear Drop from BT Electronics. Excellent value but sometimes the sound was a little "grating". Changing just the amp in the system seems to have removed a harsh sibilance which was present on some vinyl. Certainly the NVA seems a more "relaxed" sound yet appears to loose none of the detail.
These users thanked the author DaveyTed for the post:
karatestu (Thu May 06, 2021 6:32 pm)

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I think the Pear Drop is class D, which might explain the graininess of the sound DT. Class D has recently been discussed extensively elsewhere on here.
Glad you're enjoying your listening. My experience is that things improve with a bit of listening!
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

DaveyTed
Great Britain

Sorry, my mistake. - brain fade. Of course it's Class D; I should not have said Class A initially. Blame my age!