identifying SSC and SSP

All things NVA
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

identifying SSC and SSP

Unread post by montechristo358 »

sorting my cable draw and can't decide whether my spare cables are SSC or SSP?

As I look at the website

SSC

SSP

The only thing that jumps out is the SSC don't have the heat shrink all the way to the end of the plug and the SSC do

is this the give away or is it just a coincidence in the pic? any other way of telling?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: identifying SSC and SSP

Unread post by savvypaul »

montechristo358 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:32 pm sorting my cable draw and can't decide whether my spare cables are SSC or SSP?

As I look at the website

SSC

SSP

The only thing that jumps out is the SSC don't have the heat shrink all the way to the end of the plug and the SSC do

is this the give away or is it just a coincidence in the pic? any other way of telling?
Your observation is correct. SSP plug outer is completely covered by the heat shrink.

The other thing is that SSC has 2 cores and SSP has 4 cores. You should be able to identify by feeling for the number of cores.

Hope this helps.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/