Coupling / Decoupling

All general audio posts go here.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Coupling / Decoupling

Unread post by zebbo »

So you don't think that vibrations powerful enough to vibrate a piece of 4mm thick glass, (and that was just from human spoken voice), would be enough to set up vibrations in a TT shelf/plinth/platter/lid ?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

who said a human voice can vibrate a window pain and at what force ?

I find that very difficult to believe .

the link says of a picture frame and that is light wave interference not mechanical , though another link says a window .

I am not convinced a laser microphone is evidence that sound waves will effect cantilevers but I will look into it further .

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

It is about reading the vibrations of people talking off a window with a laser "eavesdropping device" and to my mind, there is only one way for that vibration to get from a mouth to the window and that's through the air.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

laser microphones work through light diffraction caused by vibration of a window . These vibrations need be only infinitesimally small to diffract light and thus for the laser to record movement and turn that movement in to sound . They prove that sound is waves in air .

I think it is illegitimate to extrapolate the fact of laser microphones work on windows to conclude that the vibration is sufficient to effect a mechanical transducer . I can hear the music so air must move , it doesn't mean it is sufficient for it to effect a cantilever .

phil66
Been thanked: 0
Austria

Unread post by phil66 »

... what would you do with a humming transformator ... or a "bad" recordplayer/cd drive ..? ... I would couple it mecanicaly ... :roll:

fatmarley
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by fatmarley »

I can't be arsed to read this thread. I'm piseed as a fart and I've got tinitus ( hope it's because I'm pissed) Happy new year you weirdos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Quinn

Are you sure there is a link between being pissed and tinnitus. ;)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Weirdos ? Is that you and me then Dan? Or all of us? :lol: :lol:

fatmarley
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by fatmarley »

Sorry guys. I only have the odd drink on special occasions but went a bit OTT this time and drank far too much.

Happy new year :guiness;