Naim

All general audio posts go here.
Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naim

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

I am willing to bet that in 20 years time there still won't be a battery that will last long enough without plugging in every couple hours travel
The 100kWH Tesla S will do over 300 miles on a charge, so at 70 mph thats over four hours. Or are you using a flexible definition of "couple"?

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Hydrogen-powered hybrids could well be the car of tomorrow. Current plans involve using electricity from North-Sea wind farms to break water up into Oxygen and Hydrogen in large quantities. The German government is also trying to promote this system there.

When I drove through central Germany on my holiday last month I was amazed by the number of large-scale solar farms beside the motorway. It appears that every local authority has to make a contribution to renewable energy supply. Hope for the future.
Trying to be as green as I can myself. With a solar panel installation (33 panels) and a Bio-mass heating system run on pellets of compressed sawdust - all CO2-neutral.

And my next car will almost certainly be a hybrid - I got to drive in a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV for a week while mine was in for repairs. The electro-motors in that are AMAZING !!! It's like you are sat in a high-performance sports car.
I want one .... :auto-layrubber:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

LOL @ you Fretless - burning rubber! :grin:

SteveS57
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveS57 »

A few years ago Dyson had a large factory nr York it was quite impressive when I visited around 15 years ago before it was closed

We have had a devialet amp at one of the audio talk meets, I made sure I did a good comparison with my set amp and on my speakers with a few guys listening
It was very impressive and probably the best SS amp I had heard up to that point, a few guys went on to buy one. But luckily for me not quite the px25 sound
After that my local dealer started stocking them, they sounded unimpressive in the store.
I did think about buying one for the 2nd system but I'm glad I didn't, the little a20 sounds so much better than it has a right to for the cost and as Steve pointed out on his amplifier thread, the little a20 has the Set sound.
It's all about low cancellation of the music signal.
All amplifiers cancel to some degree
But some more than others....

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

TerryMadher having admitted to being Greg a banned member he has been removed along with all his posts.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Pleased he's gone.

hillsanddalesrover

Unread post by hillsanddalesrover »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 am TerryMadher having admitted to being Greg a banned member he has been removed along with all his posts.
I seem to remember you saying that banned members could rejoin as long as they kept within the forum rules ?

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I guess that is up to the Doc, but TerryMadher's posts were unhelpful in the extreme.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There are certain people, only a very small number, I won't have on the forum due to the way they have insulted me and treated my products on other forums. There is a long history of it at TAS and Audio Talk with Greg. There are many examples at Audio talk as Nick doesn't remove them. Greg is top of that list. PLUS if you wish to make a new start then fine, say who you are, say you want a new start and we go back to page one. Greg as TerryMadher joined without doing that and then judged his behaviour disruption and rudenesss to the level just below being booted to be as disruptive as he could while bouncing on the edge of the rules.

It was always obvious he was someone I (we) didn't want on the forum as his behaviour showed, but we allow people to remain incognito to protect them from vindictive other forum owners, but not from me if I find out who they really are.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Fretless wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:43 am
And my next car will almost certainly be a hybrid
Hybrids are fine apart from the grossly overstated economy figures and the environmental damage caused by mining the stuff needed for the batteries. To be green at the moment, you need to run on LPG.