Grounding Boxes

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Grounding Boxes

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He is also mind fecked, just in a different way. He is under Marco's (enormous) shadow which effects all his decisions regarding people and forum behaviour. He needs to have some independent thought and THINK!!!

In terms of system he has created a system where he just plays around at the fringes where what is needed is a different approach - there is too much tech nonsense in his brain that he has next to no understanding of, yet he makes decisions as to what to try with it. Admittedly he uses his system and music to judge these items, but through what is a fatally flawed system. That problem would be solved very easily if he came out of Marco's shadow. He has tried odd bits of NVA even liked them but with no concept of system and synergy. It would take me a day and a car load to change his whole view of music. Now he is getting involved with Bigman, it is like the apprentice blind man leading the blind man, to where, certainly not to music.

Well as you say at least he is head and shoulders above these people drawn in by Coherents slurp and scam. All he (and anyone) needs is to listen with an open mind, and not let others screw that mind.

keepitsimplestupid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

I think anyone gullible enough for one type of scam audio product is likely to be susceptible to others. Technical none savvy, believers of tree and sky fairies, etc etc.

There's a higher than usual % of god-botherers in the audio foo camp IME.

scotty38
Kiribati

Unread post by scotty38 »

Let me get it out there that I'm sceptical but if folk hear it then fine. My biggest problem is the apparent magnitude of some of the improvements that are heard. The cumulative effect must be outstanding......

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I nicked reference to this link from AA, so hope they don't mind. Some kind of explanation but prices are still very high to maintain some form of credibility out there in audiophile land...

http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/CAD_ ... ontrol.pdf

Thing is, the very frequencies he's talking about are amply covered by ferrite clips (measurably so), but of course these are too damned cheap to be taken seriously by audiophiles after an expensive fix..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

From the CAD brochure:

We generally don’t recommend connecting both signal ground of an audio component and mains earth together using the same Ground Control device. In this case, you would be directly connecting signal ground to earth which could make noise problems worse.

From the Coherent website:

We advise strongly against connecting both signal ground of an audio component and mains earth together using the same Ground Control device would be to suggest against this directly connecting signal ground to earth could produce an increase in the very noise results you are trying to counteract.

My advice:

When copying and pasting, make sure that after any editing you do the sentence still makes grammatical sense...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 pm From the CAD brochure:

We generally don’t recommend connecting both signal ground of an audio component and mains earth together using the same Ground Control device. In this case, you would be directly connecting signal ground to earth which could make noise problems worse.

From the Coherent website:

We advise strongly against connecting both signal ground of an audio component and mains earth together using the same Ground Control device would be to suggest against this directly connecting signal ground to earth could produce an increase in the very noise results you are trying to counteract.

My advice:

When copying and pasting, make sure that after any editing you do the sentence still makes grammatical sense...
Rather incoherent. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc